LeBron is leaving definitely... to Denver?

Mainly because I don’t buy all this “I have to deliver a championship to Cleveland”.

You have to make sacrifices… but at the end of the day, you have to look out for yourself. I don’t think Cleveland will ever put together a team to win a championship. Also because at the end of the day, LeBron is very competitive and he wouldn't want to come up short very time.

There’s no point of re-signing “out of pity” for Cleveland fans… that’s lying to yourself (If you were LeBron). That’s looking out for the best interest of other people, but not yourself. That’s bull[expletive].

LeBron will leave Cleveland. Mark my words.

---

But where? You can name a team, but I will start by saying that my team Denver Nuggets could be a candidate to land LeBron... laugh now. See my reasoning below :)

How is it possible Nuggets are in discussion?

- LeBron can look for his best interest and move on. But one thing he's certain is he will never win a championship in Cleveland. Not when they had 2 second consecutive seasons as the L's top team and to come up short, and even beaten badly by Magic and Celtics respectively.

- But LeBron's heart is still with Cleveland, he is a native there... so he wouldn't do something like "just walking and signing elsewhere" and leaving Cleveland in the dust.

- SO LeBron is gonna give Cleveland a sign and trade option... basically he will say to Cavs, "you can sign and trade me, because at least you'll be getting a star in return... than completely nothing by letting me go. One thing I'm certain is I'm leaving Cleveland." So, if Cleveland has no choice but this road (sign-and-trade), seriously what better player than Carmelo Anthony to replace LeBron for Cleveland Cavs organization and fans? Lakers will definitely not trade Kobe, Miami would rather resign Wade. Add to that is Denver has strong supporting cast in Nene, Billups, KMart, Afflalo, Ty Lawson, Bird, and a 900+ wins coach.

- If Cleveland is worried that Melo himself will be a FA in 2010, let's be reminded that Melo is all about money. Why? Because while LeBron can say "it's not about money, it's about winning it all" it's because LeBron has MANY endorsement deals, to the point that his endorsement is maybe up to 10x bigger than Melo. In other words, he CAN AFFORD to say "it's not about money". Melo? I don't think so. Especially not, when it's the time of your career to cash in. A superstar NBA player can probably sign 2 or 3 (if lucky/ durable) MAX contract. Remember, the original team can offer as much as $20 mil more than any other team trying to sign a free agent like Melo... so if Melo is really traded to the Cavs in a sign-and-trade for LeBron... the Cavs have a VERY GOOD CHANCE of extending Melo to $18-23 mil/ year for 5 years, which they can do as soon as they trade for him. Or alternatively, they can make Denver extend Melo first before pulling off the trade.

- Think about it, what other options do the Cavs have? Let him walk? Really? Trade him to the Bulls for who? Derrick Rose? Give me a better scenario than the Nuggets and Melo... And I really believe Denver would jump on that faster than the blink of an eye.

Edited by SnakeJr

So far my gut feeling says:

100% - LeBron leaving Cleveland

90% - Through sign and trade... --> LeBron just doesn't have heart in him to leave Cleveland and they get nothing...

If sign and trade, the Bulls would definitely not part with Rose... all they can offer is Deng. We can offer Carmelo and would be a fine replacement. I think to get LeBron, Denver will be willing to trade Melo. And Cavs would definitely do it for Melo, rather than nothing...

Edited by SnakeJr

Snake - The Cavs would do that, but where your theory falls apart is that LeBron would not. He has to agree to an S&T. He wouldn't agree to this. Chauncey is nearly done, Nene is good but not great, KMart is constantly hurt and Karl has cancer and may be forced to retire for health reasons. Cleveland agrees to your deal but Bron says oh h--- no.

Chicago has very good young pieces, will hire any coach James wants, and Bron loves the city.

New York has the bright lights the global icon wants, cap room, can S&T Lee for Bosh and deal Curry's last year.

Miami has Wade and South Beach, but must get cooperation on Beasley, crap and cap room for Amare or Bosh.

Jersey if they win tuesday's lottery can deal Harris, start Wall, and have room for Amare/Bosh and Bron.

I think it's one of those four. Bron ain't going to Denver. Pipe.

• Like 1

^I think LeBron will at least "give back" to Cleveland by giving the Cavs at least a sign-and-trade route.

Chicago, New York, NJ, LAC, Miami are all options if he is to walk without sign-and-trade.

I don't think LeBron has it in him to do Cleveland fans like that. He understands he will leave the team, but he also understands the team needs someone to replace him/ at least get someone good in return.

So if we think strictly from sign and trade scenario... I think Denver is a legitimate player in Cavs' view.

But in LeBron's view? It's still not a bad team at all.

C - Nene

PF - KMart

SF - LeBron

SG - Afflalo

PG - Billups

6th - J.R.

7th - Lawson

8th - Bird

9th - Graham

Remember we were 40-26 before GK had to step down to cancer... and closed the season with 13-13 (.500 ball). Had Karl kept coaching, that 13-13 record would be probably more like 18-8 which would give us the #1 seed in the West over Lakers.

And I believe Denver will eliminate inconsistencies, and that's by trading J.R. and Nene, who are of pretty good trade value.

---

But if LeBron were to walk and sign elsewhere without sign and trade? Obviously we Nuggets have no chance. The most we can give is Full MLE... :D You know you want it Bron jk

Edited by SnakeJr

Snake - LeBron's top priority is LeBron. He's not winning a ring in Denver without Melo by his side therefore there's no way he agrees to an S&T to Denver. If he's that loyal to Cleveland he just re-signs with the Cavs. Face it, you forgot that James has to agree to any S&T. That puts a crater sized hole in your boat and it sinks. Your scenario works for Cleveland and props to you for that piece of creativity, but it doesn't fly at all for James and therefore has zero chance of happening. Let it go man.

• Owner

If LeBron was so concerned about giving back to Cleveland AND being on a good team, he would just stay there. The team he has now is better than the team he would have in Denver, not to mention the fact that he would be in a tougher conference as well.

If this trade was even remotely possible, you might as well consider a LeBron/Bynum swap, because it would give back to Cleveland AND put LeBron on an 80-win team.

Both are highly unlikely.