McNabb apologizes for not winning ring

McNabb apologizes for not winning ring

----------

Donovan McNabb may have turned the page on his time in Philadelphia once and for all Friday with his apology to Eagles fans for not winning a Super Bowl.

The 33-year-old quarterback was traded to NFC East rival Washington in April after 11 seasons with the Eagles. He led the team to five NFC Championship Game appearances and a berth in Super Bowl XXXIX, which it lost to New England by three points.

"I look back -- the things that I set out that I wanted to accomplish and bring back to Philadelphia I wasn't able to, and I apologize more than anything to the people of Philadelphia, not bringing that Super Bowl to them," McNabb said during an interview with 97.5 The Fanatic Philadelphia.

Full Article with video

Wow, I wouldn't apologize for not winning a Super Bowl.

The guy did the best he could, it's not his fault he tried to make good receivers out of mediocre ones. I mean, when was the last time somebody won a Super Bowl with receivers of the same quality as Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston?

Philly fans need to shut up and realize that a quarterback doesn't make a team. McNabb got way too much heat in that city, even after he played on a broken ankle and had a career game.

Wow, I wouldn't apologize for not winning a Super Bowl.

The guy did the best he could, it's not his fault he tried to make good receivers out of mediocre ones. I mean, when was the last time somebody won a Super Bowl with receivers of the same quality as Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston?

Philly fans need to shut up and realize that a quarterback doesn't make a team. McNabb got way too much heat in that city, even after he played on a broken ankle and had a career game.

Again...broad generalizations.

^^very true

but i think apologizing is incredibly stupid. what happened is done. mcnabb was far from the reason why the eagles didnt win a superbowl with him. he is a redskin now, he shouldnt be apologizing about what he did or didnt do with the eagles. you can tell he wishes that he was still in philly

He has nothing to apologize for.

When McNabb had a defensive power house of a team, he had literally no offensive weapons other than Brian Westbrook. He had nobody to throw it to, who was his best WR? Todd Pinkston? And then when McNabb finally started getting weapons like Terrell Owens, he made the Super Bowl and sadly lost to the Gaytriots. Then Owens drama which distracted the Eagles a bit. Then McNabb started getting serious weapons like McCoy, Action Jackson, Maclin, etc. and then his defense got old and turned to [expletive] and Brian Dawkins wasn't re-signed.

He can blame the Eagles organization for never giving him a complete team.