Tiago Splitter

Does anybody know what is going on with this guy? I thought it was a great pick when the Spurs drafted back in 07 and figured that he would spend a year or two in Europe before coming over to the NBA, but here we are, 3 years later and I have heard literally nothing about his NBA future. Does anybody know what is going on with him?

He has been steadily improving each year over in Europe and from my understanding, he has become one of the best players in Europe. He put up the solid numbers this season with averages of:

Euro: 13 ppg / 5.4 rpg / 1.8 apg / 53.5 FG% / 63.6 FT% in 26.6 mpg (16 games)

ACB: 16 ppg / 6.7 rpg / 1.9 apg / 58.1 FG% / 79.9 FT% in 28 mpg (28 games)

With the Spurs future as contenders being somewhat up in the air and the future being relatively unknown, now might be as good of a time as ever to try and get Splitter to San Antonio and hope that he can learn a thing or two from Tim Duncan before Duncan decides to hang them up for good.

Anyways, does anybody know anything about his NBA future? I know that there were rumors a year or two ago about him possibly never coming over to the NBA because of financial reasons (I think it was financial reasons at least), but I haven't heard anything remotely new about him.

If I remember correctly, this summer is the summer that he has an out-clause with his team over in Europe, but if he doesn't come over to the NBA this summer he will be locked into the contract until 2012, which I would imagine will close the door shut on any sort of future in the NBA.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

I THINK I remember reading something about your last paragraph, which would explain everything.

Wasn't he in a situation similar to Rubio's?

I saw a few clips of him already, and I'm not sure if he's really NBA material. He would have to learn a lot from Duncan...but then again, you can't really judge a player based on clips, just get a general idea.

Being drafted by the Spurs, though, you'd think he could make a big impact in the league. Look at everyone else they draft. :(