More Moves Coming in Toronto

With three roster spots and up to $12 million to spend to fill them, I’ve got a feeling the Raptors are going to be in the news for the next little while, too. All of a sudden, they’re the team with practically the most cash available – if they want to spend it and there’s more on that later – and that makes agents drool.

So you’ll hear a lot of names over the next few days and a lot of speculation. You know, just like the last week or so. Be careful, though. Just because there’s a name linked to them doesn’t mean there’s mutual interest.

Who’s out there? Well, they like Carlos Delfino, for sure. They like Rasho at the right number and when I was talking to him yesterday, I got a feeling if the number makes something remotely close to sense he’ll take it and they like a handful of other guys.

There are, as we’ve said all along, going to be some bargains out there.

And now that they’ve got the big ones taken care of, they can start specifically looking at holes.

They need help at the four and five.

They could use help at the two and three.

And if they remain unconvinced that Roko’s the guy and they are more comfortable with Douby not handling the ball an awful lot, there’s a point guard spot, too. Although with Turkoglu sure to initiate offence and if they get Delfino, that’s not a big worry.

They still like Linas Kleiza a little bit and there are those who have at least mentioned guys like Von Wafer and Matt Barnes and, yes, Josh Childress, but I think they’ve got less support than the others.

I have no idea if they’d make a call about Marvin Williams, although I’m not sure where he fits at the moment.

Here’s one that’s pretty intriguing given the way things have unfolded. There wasn’t a lot of interest before in him but I think they should absolutely give Jarrett Jack a call and see what it’ll take.

Of course, it may not be a matter of them making calls because they’re going to get hundreds.

Especially after this Bryan quote gets in circulation.

“I’m going to be looking to possibly do some short-term deals, I would love to sign a couple of guys to one-year deals even if it means paying a premium. That’s something that’s being discus.”

I completely forgot about Childress, he could actually start here for us, maybe give him the full MLE? I never watched him closely while he was on the Hawks, but I understood he was a pretty solid player. And the Hawks have already used so much money this summer, I think they'd let Childress go in hopes of bringing back Marvin? And if not maybe we chase Marvin? Iunno if the MLE is enough for these guys.

Edited by travesy3

They could always trade for a star with a bigger contract than the package they offer, and that would only take up some of the $12 million. Then they could use the rest on someone like Rasho and Childress. This team is just full of mysteries this offseason, you never have a clue what they're going to do.