Best Album of 2010 so far?

xx.

Am I the only one who thinks that Recovery is being severely overrated? I love Em and have listened to him since I was a little kid but I feel like the hype the album is getting comes from the fact that its Eminem finally making decent music again. It wasn't anything special to be honest.

Doubt it. Eminem's last two albums were so trash, that Recovery was like god.

Encore & Relapse especially were the worst albums Eminem ever put his name on.

He even admitted it himself on some track on Recovery that it was bad.. & he's not going back to that.

He tried something new, some people liked it, a lot of people didn't.

He'll still be one of the best emcees at the end of the day.

• 3 weeks later...

There's no doubt in my mind that it's Recovery. Thank Me Later was good too, but Recovery was just on a whole nother level. Em was motivated and I consider Recovery to be as good if not better as the Slim Shady LP. With that said, there's still one album coming that could compete with it. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy will be good, but I doubt it can do what Recovery did.

I'm pretty confident that, hip hop wise, Kanye's album will be the best. From snippet's I've heard and some of the others on the track list, this album is going to be a classic.

There's no doubt in my mind that it's Recovery. Thank Me Later was good too, but Recovery was just on a whole nother level. Em was motivated and I consider Recovery to be as good if not better as the Slim Shady LP. With that said, there's still one album coming that could compete with it. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy will be good, but I doubt it can do what Recovery did.

No. Hell no. Recovery wasn't even 1/100th of what Slim Shady was. Please take that back.

Thank Me Later or Recovery aren't even in the top 10, and you're saying they're #1 & 2?

No. Hell no. Recovery wasn't even 1/100th of what Slim Shady was. Please take that back.

Thank Me Later or Recovery aren't even in the top 10, and you're saying they're #1 & 2?

Of hip hop...they absolutely were. I think most are thinking in terms of hip-hop/rap albums of 2010.

I thought it was, in a different way. The Slim Shady LP was real dark and crazy, where Recovery was more motivated and sort of like an "I'm back anthem" it was pretty special that he could talk about his own personal problems and admit his own faults on a record. They're two different themed albums, but they're his best two no doubt.