This Celtic team is as good as '08 team???

I think they are. They have been sharp on defense this whole postseason, no missed assignments, excellent rotations, and very discipline. Offensively the Big Three have regressed, but the emergence of Rondo has revitalized them. And how about their bench? Guys like Sheed and Tony Allen are coming in every game and are putting up big minutes. Our matchup against them isn't going to be as easy as I thought it would be.

Absolutely NOT. Its not even CLOSE. That 08 team was stock full of veterans that knew how to play D. They dont have Posey anymore, thats a huge loss for them. PJ Brown, and Eddie House are both gone, those 2 were instrumental in that 08 run. Pierce struggled badly last series, hes gotten it going now, but hes not as good as he was in 08. KG obviously not the same player, hes doing a lot of damage on one knee, but hes nowhere near fast enough as 08. Allen didnt drop off that much, Rondo improved tremendously. Sheed shows up once in a blue moon, I like Tony Allen though but he cant shoot. They dont have Leon Powe anymore who was huge for them.

Lets see how they fare when their not playing one trick pony's like they have been in the Eastern Finals. KG has not had any tough matchups so far, hes been playing defense on the perimeter instead of banging down low, and hes been using his height advantage and length over smaller PF's. And once again, they dont have Posey. :lol:

Edited by kingfish

Absolutely NOT. Its not even CLOSE. That 08 team was stock full of veterans that knew how to play D. They dont have Posey anymore, thats a huge loss for them. PJ Brown, and Eddie House are both gone, those 2 were instrumental in that 08 run. Pierce struggled badly last series, hes gotten it going now, but hes not as good as he was in 08. KG obviously not the same player, hes doing a lot of damage on one knee, but hes nowhere near fast enough as 08. Allen didnt drop off that much, Rondo improved tremendously. Sheed shows up once in a blue moon, I like Tony Allen though but he cant shoot. They dont have Leon Powe anymore who was huge for them.

Lets see how they fare when their not playing one trick pony's like they have been in the Eastern Finals. KG has not had any tough matchups so far, hes been playing defense on the perimeter instead of banging down low, and hes been using his height advantage and length over smaller PF's. And once again, they dont have Posey. :lol:

does it make u feel better saying that :lol: your underestimating the celtics

how is this team not stocked with vets? im pretty sure they have been playing some defense throughout these playoffs not sure what your watching.

Sheed is much better than pj brown shoots better and is better on the block on both ends.

rondo plays nearly the full 48 mins so that eliminates house, sure there is no three threat but with the Lakers guards guarding rondo i like my match-ups

T Allen is the new Posey just as good as a defender and sheeds ability to shoot the three ball covers for allens lack of shot

and as gay as baby Davis is his a great role player and he is stepping up in the playoffs

and watchutalkin about KG's speed? whos he doing to be gaurding that is gonna blow past him, gasol? :lol:

your making it sound like KG is useless and only playing good because of the matchups that are favoring them. the mans healthy he might not have the lift he once used to but hey, either has kobe.

• Like 2

does it make u feel better saying that :lol: your underestimating the celtics

how is this team not stocked with vets? im pretty sure they have been playing some defense throughout these playoffs not sure what your watching.

Sheed is much better than pj brown shoots better and is better on the block on both ends.

rondo plays nearly the full 48 mins so that eliminates house, sure there is no three threat but with the Lakers guards guarding rondo i like my match-ups

T Allen is the new Posey just as good as a defender and sheeds ability to shoot the three ball covers for allens lack of shot

and as gay as baby Davis is his a great role player and he is stepping up in the playoffs

and watchutalkin about KG's speed? whos he doing to be gaurding that is gonna blow past him, gasol? :lol:

your making it sound like KG is useless and only playing good because of the matchups that are favoring them. the mans healthy he might not have the lift he once used to but hey, either has kobe.

No I already feel confident about our chances as REPEATING as CHAMPIONS. :lol:

Sheed plays well once in a blue moon, hes been a dud all year and 1 or 2 good games against the Cavs doesnt change that. House was the one that always killed us, Posey also killed us with his 3's, maybe you should have watched the games.

Tony Allen is the new Posey??? Seriously? :lmao:

KG has clearly lost a step and never got it back so dont compare him to Kobe. Sure he played well but against ANTAWN JAMISON. So far against the Magic hes shot 30 % and only averaging 9 points. And hes being guarded by RASHARD LEWIS. None of KG's matchups have taken him into the post, and KG has used his length against them, something he cant do agaisnt Pau. Just wait til he has to go up against Pau, KG will get ABUSED by Pau, you can quote me on that.

i could say the same with with gasol his played on a undersized Millsap, Boozer, Green, Ibaka, Collison, amare and frye, please gasol is having the same run as KG. he isnt the only one who has had the height advantage bud.

sheed has been playing since the casvs series his getting the job done on both ends might not show up in the box scores but his been working

kobe and kg they both lost their athleticism face it.

i could say the same with with gasol his played on a undersized Millsap, Boozer, Green, Ibaka, Collison, amare and frye, please gasol is having the same run as KG. he isnt the only one who has had the height advantage bud.

sheed has been playing since the casvs series his getting the job done on both ends might not show up in the box scores but his been working

kobe and kg they both lost their athleticism face it.

LOL so your comparing Millsap, Boozer, Green, Ibaka, Collison, and Amare, to ANTAWN JAMISON and Rashard Lewis? Please stop with this madness. Yes Gasol had a height advantage over them but Gasol will have a height advantage and length advantage over pretty much anyone. While KG wont have a height advantage over Pau it will be Pau using his length against him. KG is not the DPOY he was in 08 if you still believe he is your delusional.

Kobe has not lost his athleticism. Even if he has, it doesnt stop him from scoring 30+ a night, so who cares. Kobes post game and midrange game is so dominant and hes mixing in drives now and then, he doesnt need to fly through the paint and dunk on guys anymore.

Edited by kingfish

i dont understand most of them aren't even good defenders what are u trying to say?

Uhh yeah they are. Ibaka is probably the best one of the group and Pau had no problem with him, Collison isnt that bad either, your a Thunder fan you should know be agreeing with me. :lol:

The rest of them are nothing special. But Boozer, Millsap, and ROBIN LOPEZ, are twice the defensive players pathetic Rashard Lewis is, especially in the post, and a million times better then Antawn Jamison is defensively. So yeah KG did play well against Jamison, but when he meets Pau in the finals KG will get destroyed, because the ONE thing KG has going for him is his length and jump shooting, he cant shoot over Pau and he cant use his length over Pau. KG has not been banging down low in the paint all playoffs long, hes livin off mid range jumpers.

Uhh yeah they are. Ibaka is probably the best one of the group and Pau had no problem with him, Collison isnt that bad either, your a Thunder fan you should know be agreeing with me. :lol:

The rest of them are nothing special. But Boozer, Millsap, and ROBIN LOPEZ, are twice the defensive players pathetic Rashard Lewis is, especially in the post, and a million times better then Antawn Jamison is defensively. So yeah KG did play well against Jamison, but when he meets Pau in the finals KG will get destroyed, because the ONE thing KG has going for him is his length and jump shooting, he cant shoot over Pau and he cant use his length over Pau. KG has not been banging down low in the paint all playoffs long, hes livin off mid range jumpers.

maybe i said it wrong but, but matched up with gasol they are undersized and a contest didnt even effect him

both had easy match ups if you refuse to believe that whatever.

and that remains to be seen

I dunno, they're definitely a different monster. The 2008 team had a lot of great 3 pt shooters: house and posey to go along with allen and pierce. They don't really rely on that as much. Now it's heavily a PG run team. They still have a good bench too. Tony Allen, Davis, and Sheed bring a lot of toughness off the bench while the 2008 bench had Posey, House to rain in the 3s and Powe to bring in some hard-nosed play. As far as the starting 5 goes; KG isn't as intimidating defensively, Allen still has a perfect touch, Pierce is still Pierce, but Rondo has gotten a lot better. Also, the team's defensive scheme stayed cerebral. They picked apart Miami's, Cav's, and Magic's offense this post-season very well.

So it's pretty tough to compare the two teams because a lot of things changed, and yet the great coaching stayed the same. I'd say the 2008 team was better though because how easy it was for them to start a run with a string of 3s.

I would say yes, because Rondo has developed into pretty much the most valuable player on that squad, while KG, Ray, and Pierce have not diminished much since their last championship. So yeah, thanks to Rondo they are as good or better than their 08 team.

Tony Allen is a pest. He isn't a three point threat like Posey was, but he slashes and finishes around the rim, I think you are kind of underrating him Kingfish.

Hes a good bench player no doubt. But his slashing wont hurt us. He wont have much success slashing into the paint with 2 seven footers there. Plus we know he cant shoot, we will take away his drives.

Boston did us a favor by getting rid of Posey, PJ Brown, Eddie House, and Leon Powe. Those guys always killed us, now almost all the rest of the matchups are in our favor.

They're even better than in '08, first of all, Rondo is on his prime right now, so the C's shouldn't waste that chance, they have the Fantastic 4 right now, there is even without a doubt that the C's will win the championship this year, and Rajon might even be finals mvp.

I would say yes, because Rondo has developed into pretty much the most valuable player on that squad, while KG, Ray, and Pierce have not diminished much since their last championship. So yeah, thanks to Rondo they are as good or better than their 08 team.

i agree with u. Rondo wasnt so good when they first won the championship but now he is much better player this team is deadly

2010 Boston is a more talented starting five with Rondo's big jump to the big time. 2008 Pierce is a much better and healthier player than this year's egomaniac resenting Rondo's rise to stardom. Pierce gunned shamelessly tonight and it's part of why they lost. As Doc keeps telling them, they have to win together. Pierce is only comfy winning with himself cast in the lead role. KG is getting back to '08 form but as tonight showed he can struggle to maintain his form without enough rest between games. Posey delivered on both ends when it mattered most. Allen delivers when times are already good and can be TO and foul prone. Big Baby is playing well. Sheed is playing well on D but inconsistent on O.

If the Lakers maintain ball movement and hit perimeter to beat the Boston defense they'll win. If not they go down. Given that the Lakers are very inconsistent in both areas it'll be a long series. However they did figure out a tough D in OKC. Eventually. They'd also have HCA and that's huge in the finals since very few teams sweep the middle three. I like the Lakers chances, they'll be very motivated, unlike 2008 they have a second playmaker now and defensively they match up pretty well except for Fish on Ray.

They are better. The 08' team went to seven with the Cavs and got blown out in two of the road games that series. They also went to seven with the Hawks.

This year, they got rid of the Heat with ease, down 2-1 to Cavs but still handled them on the road, and look what they've done to Orlando.

Hes a good bench player no doubt. But his slashing wont hurt us. He wont have much success slashing into the paint with 2 seven footers there. Plus we know he cant shoot, we will take away his drives.

Boston did us a favor by getting rid of Posey, PJ Brown, Eddie House, and Leon Powe. Those guys always killed us, now almost all the rest of the matchups are in our favor.

If the 7 footers consist of a huge softy from Spain, and a guy with a messed up leg then he can slash with success.

If the 7 footers consist of a huge softy from Spain, and a guy with a messed up leg then he can slash with success.

True but good luck to Rondo with Kobe guarding him. We saw what he did to Westbrook, and at least Westbrook has a jumper. :lol:

True but good luck to Rondo with Kobe guarding him. We saw what he did to Westbrook, and at least Westbrook has a jumper. :lol:

So because Kobe shuts down Westbrook, it means he will shut down Rondo?

Well in that case, Kobe will be shut down by the Celtics because the Celtics shut down Vince Carter, book it.