Any chance we pick Evan Turner instead?

Obviously the consensus is that John Wall is the best player in the draft and will undoubtedly be the number one overall pick, but our front desk didn't seem to be locked on picking him yet. In my opinion he is by far the best choice and would be the new face of our franchise. However, there is always the possibility of picking Evan Turner and keeping Gilbert at point, which would be a horrible idea in my opinion, but always possible.

From your standpoint, do you think the Wizards would pick Evan Turner over John Wall for any reason?

Edited by Bulletproof

Check out Flips interview with Dan Patrick.

Seems like there is a chance they go with Turner.

I'd say right now the odds are 35%.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/111561/index.html?eref=fromSI

Well obviously no organization wants to be upfront about their pick yet. It's always smart to explore other options first, such as Turner. They haven't given Turner a full workout yet so they're going to wait, but I'd say the odds of us getting John Wall is probably 95%.

I know Ted Leonsis won't pass up on Wall. The hype surrounding Wall is just too much to pass up on. He has the chance to rejuvenate this franchise, and this city, just like Ovechkin did with the Caps. Ted knows it, and DC knows it.

Rumor has it that the sixers are shopping their second overall pick and will trade it to any team that is willing to take on Elton Brand's contract. We have multiple options to trade for that, and if we had the second pick as well, I would take DeMarcus Cousins no doubt. Reuniting Wall and Cousins as teammates at a pro level would be amazing.

It all depends on if you guys are planning one keeping or getting rid of Arenas. If you guys decide to keep Arenas then yes go with Turner, but if you guys decide to trade Arenas then obviously go with Wall.

I don't know what this notion is about people thinking Wall and Arenas can't coexist functionally. Arenas can continue to be a perimeter threat and attack the basket all he wants, but instead just allow Wall to run the offense, so that Gilbert is rid of that responsibility. I think they could be a very deadly backcourt together.

I'm not too high on Turner at all, he seems like a Caron Butler type player to me at best.

• Owner

1) If, for some insane reason, the Wizards get the second pick as well...you take Turner. He's going to be a much better professional than Cousins. If not, I'll gladly eat crow with 95% of the other pro analysts that think the same as I do. Who cares where Arenas plays in the lineup at that point? When you have the chance to take two potential superstar players in the draft, you push the overpaid borderline all-star aside (not baiting, that's what he is when he's healthy, in my opinion).

2) Gilbert won't be traded. As I stated in another topic, he's getting paid until 2014 (if I recall correctly), and that contract is a HUGE chunk of change.

2) Gilbert won't be traded. As I stated in another topic, he's getting paid until 2014 (if I recall correctly), and that contract is a HUGE chunk of change.

QFT. I honestly don't see Gilbert going anywhere, which is the sad truth. I don't see a buyout occurring, nor do I see him being traded anywhere because I can't imagine any team willing to take on a contract like his along with the trouble that comes along with it. Looks like Gilbert is a burden we just have to deal with.