Is Ben Wallace HOF Bound?

I guess people forgot exactly how good Ben Wallace used to be. An NBA Champion, 6 time all defensive team, 5 time all nba team, 4 time all star, led the league in blocks, led the league in rebounds twice, and 4 time defensive player of the year.

Pretty damn good career for someone who has "0 percent" chance at the HoF.

• Owner

I guess people forgot exactly how good Ben Wallace used to be. An NBA Champion, 6 time all defensive team, 5 time all nba team, 4 time all star, led the league in blocks, led the league in rebounds twice, and 4 time defensive player of the year.

Pretty damn good career for someone who has "0 percent" chance at the HoF.

Yeah...he should have a Finals MVP, to be honest. He was grabbing boards over Shaq, keeping Bryant out of the paint, and contesting everything anyone put up...while Billups beat up on an old Payton.

As far as the HOF goes, probably not...but zero chance is pushing it a bit. Bad thing is, Dennis Rodman should be in the HOF if Wallace is considered, since Rodman is arguably the greatest defensive player in NBA history.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, no. I loved Big Ben, and in his prime he was an absolute BEAST. But the issue is he only had 3-4 HoF caliber years, and even in those seasons it's difficult to say he's more deserving than a number of legends that still continued to get screwed by the voting (let alone the few players in this era that will get screwed of bein in the HoF that are more worthy than Ben).

Shaliq, you may be right. Just checked his career accomplishments.

* NBA Champion (2004)

* 4× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2002–2003, 2005–2006)

* 4× NBA All-Star (2003–2006)

* 3× All-NBA Second Team (2003–2004, 2006)

* 2× All-NBA Third Team (2002, 2005)

* 5× All-Defensive First Team (2002–2006)

* All-Defensive Second Team (2007)

Yeah...he should have a Finals MVP, to be honest. He was grabbing boards over Shaq, keeping Bryant out of the paint, and contesting everything anyone put up...while Billups beat up on an old Payton.

As far as the HOF goes, probably not...but zero chance is pushing it a bit. Bad thing is, Dennis Rodman should be in the HOF if Wallace is considered, since Rodman is arguably the greatest defensive player in NBA history.

I like this man .. :huh:

Least someone on here posts things i can agree with. I've been saying Rodman should be HOF for years.

Shaliq, you may be right. Just checked his career accomplishments.

* NBA Champion (2004)

* 4× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2002–2003, 2005–2006)

* 4× NBA All-Star (2003–2006)

* 3× All-NBA Second Team (2003–2004, 2006)

* 2× All-NBA Third Team (2002, 2005)

* 5× All-Defensive First Team (2002–2006)

* All-Defensive Second Team (2007)

Just being a great defensive player, dosen't make you a HOFer.

His carrer high in points is 22.

He has never averaged 10+ points in a season. (13 seasons)

Though, he's a great rebounder. You have to have a good offensive game to be a HOFer as well, not just a defensive game.