GM3: LA Lakers (2) @ Phoenix (0)

Real Deal

I really think the days of lakers falling asleep are over until at least next season. Kobe and the team are focused for the finals. You can tell by the way the execution is getting better game after game.

I agree with magic above, this is the only game I can see us losing. Still think we will win this though.

Lakers will probably win this one considering the long amount of times between each game. If these two teams played each other in the first or second round it might be a closer series.

Great job phoenix, Amare Was a [expletive]ing BEAST. Lakers had no one to stop him. He just tore it up.

He got all the calls going his way. Not surprise and the media has been criticizing him so much as of late, he was bound to have a huge game. Good game by Robin Lopez though, he was out there hustling and playing a good game. The FT's didn't cost the Lakers the game though. It was the horrible defense by Gasol, Odom and Drew and all those stupid turnovers. The Lakers were still in the game even though the Suns were shooting more FT's.

Game 4 is the real key to the series here.

Edited by Brand New

As much as I don't want to see Amare go to the finals,the possibility of seeing Steve Nash, Grant Hill, and the other players who work so well together advance past the Lakers makes me want to root for the Suns. Nash is such a warrior taking that dirty shop from Fisher. This was a tough win but now they can make it a series with a win in Game 4.

As much as I don't want to see Amare go to the finals,the possibility of seeing Steve Nash, Grant Hill, and the other players who work so well together advance past the Lakers makes me want to root for the Suns. Nash is such a warrior taking that dirty shop from Fisher. This was a tough win but now they can make it a series with a win in Game 4.

:lol: dirty shot. Look at the replay son. Fisher fouled Nash on the arm. It's not like Fisher wanted to head butt Nash :lol:

Well it ain't happening that's like hoping the Rockets actually play a full season with a healthy Yao for once.

It also wasnt supposed to happen 2 years ago, but you guys got owned in 6 games and lost by 40 in Game 6. BTW, Im a true fan, you mad?

Wasn't able to watch the whole game but saw the last 5 minutes of it, Amare finally showed up to play. Hopefully he doesn't [expletive] it up in Game 4. Cant really say much about the game since I didnt watch it, but by looking at the stats it looks like our bench was a non-factor in the game. No surprise. Our starters pretty much stepped up today.

It also wasnt supposed to happen 2 years ago, but you guys got owned in 6 games and lost by 40 in Game 6. BTW, Im a true fan, you mad?

Stop living in the past this Laker team is more than capable of beating this Celtic team. This Celtic team doesn't have a defender near a James Posey. And are you trying to say I'm not a true fan?

Stop living in the past this Laker team is more than capable of beating this Celtic team. This Celtic team doesn't have a defender near a James Posey. And are you trying to say I'm not a true fan?

I freaking love it, Laker fans: we can easily beat those guys, they dont have James Posey, Kevin Garnett is getting old, i will totally disregard the fact that they have been playing amazing in the playoffs, and that Rondo has done really great in the post season, there is nobody better than the Lakers, we will win no doubt, we'll sweep in the finals. The Celtics suck because they dont have Kobe, hehehe.

After being doubted by the entire league Amare finally showed up, so props to him. Was basically a one-fingered salute game to protect his next contract and future South Beach estate.

Lakers forgot what they learned against OKC. Constant off-ball cuts and ball reversals beat congestion. They kept falling for trying to pass over the Suns or taking the conceded 3. Dumb basketball so they deserved to lose.

Frustrating thing was they got it in the third. Flashed to the weak side pocket, delivered the ball there and then it's find the open man or take the shot. Worked all the time. Then they just forgot that ever happened and went back to lazy ball in the 4th. This team hates to play in a congested lane and looooves space. But the finals will be played in a closet. Better get used to it again guys, fast. That may well be the finals in a nutshell. LA gets how to deal with a congested lane (as they did vs. OKC) it's over for Boston. LA plays four games like they did tonight they'll go down. Move yourself and the ball, don't lazily take what they concede.

Yugo - The Lakers won't sweep the finals but they'll win it, provided they keep moving the ball and their collective a's off ball.

Edited by Sky

After being doubted by the entire league Amare finally showed up, so props to him. Was basically a one-fingered salute game to protect his next contract and future South Beach estate.

Lakers forgot what they learned against OKC. Constant off-ball cuts and ball reversals beat congestion. They kept falling for trying to pass over the Suns or taking the conceded 3. Dumb basketball so they deserved to lose.

Frustrating thing was they got it in the third. Flashed to the weak side pocket, delivered the ball there and then it's find the open man or take the shot. Worked all the time. Then they just forgot that ever happened and went back to lazy ball in the 4th. This team hates to play in a congested lane and looooves space. But the finals will be played in a closet. Better get used to it again guys, fast. That may well be the finals in a nutshell. LA gets how to deal with a congested lane (as they did vs. OKC) it's over for Boston. LA plays four games like they did tonight they'll go down. Move yourself and the ball, don't lazily take what they concede.

Good post, the Zone really did "surprise" the Lakers, we will see what Phil does, cant wait for game 4