New York Yankies or Yankees?

crabbylion

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

May as well change the name uh these punks, err...defending champs. After taking a couple uh beatdowns in the Bronx by my Rays these guys been a little too quiet. Don't hide, come out from under your beds and run your mouths like you always do when you're winning. Either you're a fan or you're not...no gray areas. Anyhow...

Is your arrogance telling you that your New York Yankies will still be in the 2010 World Series?

:lol:

Edited by crabbylion

May as well change the name uh these punks, err...defending champs. After taking a couple uh beatdowns in the Bronx by my Rays these guys been a little too quiet. Don't hide, come out from under your beds and run your mouths like you always do when you're winning. Either you're a fan or you're not...no gray areas. Anyhow...

Is your arrogance telling you that your New York Yankies will still be in the 2010 World Series?

:lol:

Oh, look what a couple of winning seasons can do! It's funny that Tampa Bay fans are actually coming out now. :lol: .

The New York Yankees are still a better team.

lol @ the hypocrisy of talking [expletive] and then bashing Yankee fans for talking [expletive]. Whoops.

Yankees take the division. Y'all won a 2 game series by 6 runs in May... relish it. Everything is going right for y'all, while we have three regulars on the DL and a bullpen in shambles. It'll all work itself out; I just hope you're here come September :glasses:

There's a difference between being proud of your team for a hot start and creating a topic about a two-game series sweep in May like it's a crucial September series. Consider that the teams that are hot in the first forty games aren't necessarily the same teams that are at the top in October.

The Yankees lineup isn't the same without Johnson, Granderson, and Swisher. It's also different when we have to constantly bring out Robertson and Logan (who, as a side note, deserve credit) with no Aceves. Of course, no one's going to pity us, and we're on our own with solving the problem, but think about that when you make a statement like that.

I also find it funny how you say "lack the pitching" even though back in Tampa Bay (where, by the way, the Yankees took 2 out of 3), Sabathia took a no-hit bid into the eighth-inning and Burnett had a quality 7-inning outing. In those two games, your pitchers allowed a combined 17 runs. By your logic, that easily suggests something about what to expect in October. Also, by your logic, the Yankees would have been screwed last year because they lost their first eight games to the BoSox.

April and May games can only tell you so much about what can happen four or five months later. Along the way, there are injuries, slumps, and collapses.

Congratulations on the wins. They are significant, and they gave you a slightly greater level of comfort in the standings. But I think there's a limit as to how excited you should be getting over a two-game sweep in May. Some things stay consistent, and others don't. That applies to your team, my team, and all the other clubs.

There's a difference between being proud of your team for a hot start and creating a topic about a two-game series sweep in May like it's a crucial September series. Consider that the teams that are hot in the first forty games aren't necessarily the same teams that are at the top in October.

The Yankees lineup isn't the same without Johnson, Granderson, and Swisher. It's also different when we have to constantly bring out Robertson and Logan (who, as a side note, deserve credit) with no Aceves. Of course, no one's going to pity us, and we're on our own with solving the problem, but think about that when you make a statement like that.

I also find it funny how you say "lack the pitching" even though back in Tampa Bay (where, by the way, the Yankees took 2 out of 3), Sabathia took a no-hit bid into the eighth-inning and Burnett had a quality 7-inning outing. In those two games, your pitchers allowed a combined 17 runs. By your logic, that easily suggests something about what to expect in October. Also, by your logic, the Yankees would have been screwed last year because they lost their first eight games to the BoSox.

April and May games can only tell you so much about what can happen four or five months later. Along the way, there are injuries, slumps, and collapses.

Congratulations on the wins. They are significant, and they gave you a slightly greater level of comfort in the standings. But I think there's a limit as to how excited you should be getting over a two-game sweep in May. Some things stay consistent, and others don't. That applies to your team, my team, and all the other clubs.

See Crabby you have to learn despite the 27 championships the Yankees have the most sensitive insecure fan base around, it's quite ironic :lol:

See Crabby you have to learn despite the 27 championships the Yankees have the most sensitive insecure fan base around, it's quite ironic :lol:

every successful fan base do it so.....why not.