Chris Bosh Releases Wish List; Decison Hinges On Where LeBron James Signs?

CHICAGO -- Chris Bosh's agent has told the Toronto Raptors that he's narrowed his list of preferred teams to five, two sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford at the NBA draft camp.

The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- were given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming he doesn't re-sign with Toronto).

Bosh likes that option, sources told Ford, because he'd get one more year on his contract and could make more money.

Sources said the Raptors prefer a sign-and-trade if Bosh is intent on leaving as well. They likely would want a big man to replace the 6-10, 230-pound Bosh in the lineup.

One source said Bosh's decision hinges on where LeBron James signs.

"If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land," the source told Ford. "If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

Here is what Chad Ford put on his Twitter.

Note on Bosh: Rockets, Mavs, Spurs and Thunder were not on the list his agent gave the Raptors ...

I already knew that he wasn't going to go to Dallas, and despite the fact that so many people on here thought he would go to Oklahoma City, I knew that he wouldn't go there either. I never really thought he would go to San Antonio either, but it sucks to hear that he doesn't want to go to Houston. Houston may not have been able to offer the absolute best package for him, at least the Raptors would get some cheap, young assets (Hill and draft picks) while also getting Bosh out of the Eastern Conference.

I'll post my thoughts on this later. I've got to go do some things first. I just wanted to post this here before I left.

Update:

Here are two Tweets from Bruce Arthur adding to the story:

ESPN's report of Bosh's wish list— NY, CHI, TOR, LAL, and MIA — is accurate, except there's one other team. Still figuring that team out.

ESPN report that no Texas team are on the list is accurate as well.

Update on the Update

Agent Henry Thomas on Friday denounced a report by ESPN that stated he had narrowed down a list of preferred destinations for Toronto Raptors free-agent client Chris Bosh.

Thomas, who also represents Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade, another pending free agent, said he has not forwarded any such list to Raptors General Manager Bryan Colangelo.

"I haven't closed the door on anything," Thomas insisted. "I haven't given Bryan any lists. There is no list. This is a process that is ongoing."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s052110,0,4558949.story

Bryan Colangelo Confirms

“It has been narrowed down to a handful of teams, including us,” Colangelo said, not going into any more details

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/812969--bosh-s-wish-list-bulls-lakers-heat-or-knicks

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I knew 'Bosh to Houston' was a longshot to begin with but it sucks to here we're not on his top 5. Bosh won't make his decision on Day 1 so there is still plenty of time for Morey to convince him to play for us, and if he doesn't want to, Houston is prepared to move on.

What is the upside, from Bosh's standpoint and the standpoints of the teams who'd possibly receive him, of a S&T?

Bosh - About $30M.

Team - Chris Bosh.

It is literally that simple. Bosh won't leave $30M on the table, especially considering his knees and the fact that unlike LeBron James, he will never see a max contract again, so if he goes anywhere it will be through a sign and trade.

There is only one thing that will shock me this summer, and that is that Bosh leaves Toronto without it being in a sign and trade scenario.

Here are two Tweets from Bruce Arthur adding to the story:

ESPN's report of Bosh's wish list— NY, CHI, TOR, LAL, and MIA — is accurate, except there's one other team. Still figuring that team out.

ESPN report that no Texas team are on the list is accurate as well.

Oklahoma City?

I never really bought the OKC talk, but I could be wrong here, like I am often.

I can't really think of any other teams that he would be interested in.

Maybe Orlando to play with his buddy Dwight? It is a long shot, I know, but a possibility? Him and Dwight would be an absolutely scary front court and would compliment each other amazingly well.

EDIT: I forgot about the possibility of it being New Jersey. If James were to go there, it would Make sense to see Bosh consider there as well.

Broussard: I've talked to people close to Bosh and within the Raptors organization that there are a few other teams not on the top 5 that Bosh would still consider.

Edited by Dash

How would a D-Lee/Bosh S&T scenario make you feel? How much more would you need from NYK?

I wouldn't be thrilled about it.

Don't get me wrong, Lee is a nice player. He is a great rebounder, a good finisher around the rim and has become a very good mid range shooter as well. When he first came into the league I never thought that he would be anything more than a hustle big man who gives you energy off of the bench, but he has definitely developed into a fairly skilled big man.

The reason why I wouldn't be too excited about acquiring David Lee in a sign and trade is because of the fact that the Raptors would be commiting long term to a front court of Andrea Bargnani/David Lee/Hedo Turkoglu. That would be without a doubt the worst defensive front court in the NBA and they would just be eaten alive night in and night out. If the Raptors had a Kendrick Perkins type of center then I would love Lee, but since Bargnani isn't going anywhere, I would absolutely hate the idea of having that frontcourt make $10M+ for the next 4 years.

I would rather the Raptors get a package of Curry/Gallo for Bosh. Curry sucks but he would at least expire after next season. Gallinari would give the Raptors another cheap, young asset on the roster. He won't do anything to help the Raptors defensive or rebounding issues, but at least he has some potential.

With that said, there is absolutely no way that I expect Gallinari to be traded considerig how much D'Antoni loves him.

Out of the teams mentioned, I would rank the possible sign and trade scenarios as followed:

1) Lakers - Bynum

2) Heat - Beasley

3) Knicks - Lee

4) Bulls - Deng

The only reason why I have Beasley ahead of Lee is because of the fact that he is younger and has more upside (which is greatly overrated as far as I am concerned). To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be thrilled about any of these scenarios other than the potential of a healthy Bynum.

Broussard: I've talked to people close to Bosh and within the Raptors organization that there are a few other teams not on the top 5 that Bosh would still consider.

I'm sure that Bosh will consider other teams as not listening to all of his options would just be stupid, but I also think that given the choice, one of the 4 teams that were originally mentioned have to be his first choice.

Bosh is a media-savy guy (althoug he has done a lot of stupid things over the past month to draw attention to himself) and he knows that there is a very realistic chance that a team like Miami or Chicago may go after Amare instead of him or the Knicks go in a different direction. I think the "other team" are just a case of him having a fallback plan in case one of his first options don't work out.

Maybe Orlando to play with his buddy Dwight? It is a long shot, I know, but a possibility? Him and Dwight would be an absolutely scary front court and would compliment each other amazingly well.

That's what I was just thinking. Gortat and VC with some draft picks or something? I don't know about VC but I bet Toronto would love Gortat. Definitely a long shot though.

If I were the Raptors, I'd go hard after Bynum. He'd be a better compliment for Bargnani than Bosh, and I don't see how the Lakers would pass on the opportunity.

Beasley, Deng, and Lee would not be good fits in Toronto unless something was done about Turkoglu and/or Bargnani.

Bosh's agent, Henry Thomas, claims that this is all BS. He says that he has yet to give any sort of list to Bryan Colangelo.

Agent Henry Thomas on Friday denounced a report by ESPN that stated he had narrowed down a list of preferred destinations for Toronto Raptors free-agent client Chris Bosh.

Thomas, who also represents Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade, another pending free agent, said he has not forwarded any such list to Raptors General Manager Bryan Colangelo.

"I haven't closed the door on anything," Thomas insisted. "I haven't given Bryan any lists. There is no list. This is a process that is ongoing."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s052110,0,4558949.story

Whether he is doing this because he has actually yet to send any sort of list to Colangelo, or because it would be bad business to have this kind of list floating around, who knows, but I figured I would post it anyways.

Bryan Colangelo has basically confirmed this story. He hasn't actually mentioned teams, but he has said that it is down to "a handful" of teams.

“It has been narrowed down to a handful of teams, including us,” Colangelo said, not going into any more details

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/812969--bosh-s-wish-list-bulls-lakers-heat-or-knicks

Man, I will go ape[expletive] if the Lakers decline a Bosh/Bynum trade.

C - Gasol

PF - Bosh/Odom

SF - Artest

SG - Kobe

PG - Smush Parker

Maaaaannnnnn.

Fixed.

Walking away with Bynum in a sign and trade for a free agent might be the best that a sign and trade has ever gotten lol.

On paper that is one of the sickest teams we've seen recently, honestly the deal should be Calderon+Bosh for Bynum+Fisher (waived then signed back), that should be pretty close to working. If we move Bosh we have to try and unload one of these contracts lol.

I still don't know if Bosh is interested in the Lakers though, if he wants to win a title it is the obvious choice, but he has talked about wanting to be the man, in LA he would not be averaging 20 points anymore.