Al Horford vs Andrew Bynum

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Me and Diesel have been debating about this on AIM. We disagree about this topic, so I'd like to talk about this subject here. For me? I think Andrew Bynum is clearly the superior player. I think Al Horford is vastly overrated, he really shouldn't have been an all-star. Josh Smith was more deserving. I also think Bynum has more potential than Horford could ever dream of.

The fact Bynum is doing what he does with less of a role and is still younger than Horford makes him easily better. The kid is only 22 years old or whatever and would probably be averaging 20 a game on a team where he was the featured offensive option.

If he is a Raptor next year and he is healthy my expectation for him is to be close to a 20-10 player and maybe an all-star.

He obviously still has a ways to go defensively and rebounding the ball, but I think he will continue to develop those aspects of his game.

Edited by travesy3

Andrew Bynum has been in the league for 5 years now, how can this 'potential' talk about him still be continued? Five years is enough to judge a player whether or not to consider if he is a talented player in the league or a project. I do think he is a really solid player however he won't turn into anything superior as some still believe he will be. Al Horford is the better player in my opinion, he has already shown that he has the tools to be a solid and dominant player in the NBA. Horford is only a year older at 23 so I don't get why the age factor is being brought up in this thread consistently.

Edited by NeTs15VC

Al Horford is a natural power forward and he is playing out of position in Atlanta if you didnt know. You cant really compare them but since you did ill continue. Al has definetly got more heart than Bynum and hes more skilled. His post up game is far superior and he has got a 15 foot jumper. Al Horford is also not the premier player of the Atlanta offense he stands behind jamal, joe, and josh. Bynum has been almost non existant than the last 3 play off runs too. You also brought up the fact that Bynum is younger and has more potential. First of all hes only a year younger and on what basis are you saying that? Statistically their scoring is very similar and Horford is a superior rebounder. Their free throw and field goal %s are also very similar. Just my 2 cents on the topic

Andrew Bynum has been in the league for 5 years now, how can this 'potential' talk about him still be continued? Five years is enough to judge a player whether or not to consider if he is a talented player in the league or a project. I do think he is a really solid player however he won't turn into anything superior as some still believe he will be. Al Horford is the better player in my opinion, he has already shown that he has the tools to be a solid and dominant player in the NBA. Horford is only a year older at 23 so I don't get why the age factor is being brought up in this thread consistently.

Age....it's the same with LeBron and Howard, Howard has been in the league as long as Bynum has, so they should have the same potential right? And they both came out of High School. The only problem Bynum seems to have is motivation.

Age....it's the same with LeBron and Howard, Howard has been in the league as long as Bynum has, so they should have the same potential right? And they both came out of High School. The only problem Bynum seems to have is motivation.

But Bynum hasnt shown us anything really spectacular for all the hype hes getting. Dont even compare him to the reigning mvp and dpoy. Bynum is too scared to even play through injury right now when kobe bryant is his teamate. You would think that kobe would imspire/ motivate him...

But Bynum hasnt shown us anything really spectacular for all the hype hes getting. Dont even compare him to the reigning mvp and dpoy. Bynum is too scared to even play through injury right now when kobe bryant is his teamate. You would think that kobe would imspire/ motivate him...

Go look at what Bynum did in the beginning of the season when Gasol was out.

• Like 1

He hasn't reached his full potential yet because he hasn't been given an opportunity to become a star, he is still being used in a supporting role and unless he is moved or Kobe takes a more passive offensive approach that will not change anytime soon.

What has Horford done to show you he can be dominant? He is average at best defensively, a good rebounder and a mediocre offensive player, he is a role player. Bynum would average 20 a game if he got a good number of shots up.

What has Horford done to show you he can be dominant? He is average at best defensively, a good rebounder and a mediocre offensive player, he is a role player. Bynum would average 20 a game if he got a good number of shots up.

I was thinking Horford is a [expletive] defender, a good offensive player and a mediocre rebounder.

Al Horford because he doesn't have the injury concerns, if you could guarantee me a healthy Bynum then Bynum, but I'll go Horford simply because I know I'll have a good chance at having him for at least 75 games

Heres some numbers

Bynum 70+ game seasons 1 of 5

Horford 70+ game seasons 2 of 3

Andrew Bynum averaged 18.3 PPG and 10.9 RPG in October and November (when Pau was injured). Bynum's potential is endless, and this guy uis already a very good offensive player. but the problem with Drew is when he doesn't get touches, he doesn't play defense, and doesn't really bother with anything else.

but in terms of overall talent, im gonna say Drew.

like i have said before Al horford is not a center, hes a power forward. So when he plays he is usually undersized and weaker. For the numbers he puts up it is quite impressive. Bynum has been said to have so much talent but in the past 5 years he hasnt done much. If the potential is really there then i expect it too come out sometime soon because hes been getting torched by lopez and stoudemire this series

like i have said before Al horford is not a center, hes a power forward. So when he plays he is usually undersized and weaker. For the numbers he puts up it is quite impressive. Bynum has been said to have so much talent but in the past 5 years he hasnt done much. If the potential is really there then i expect it too come out sometime soon because hes been getting torched by lopez and stoudemire this series

Al Horford isn't a center, but it doesn't change the fact that he isn't a better player. And as I said in my posgt, I'm comparing them when they are healthy, which has been the primary reason Bynum hasn't done much in his career.

And as for Stoudemire torching him, the only game which Stoudemire played well and had double digits rebounds was when Bynum only played 8min due to injury.

Considering how Dwight shot like 85% against Horford, defense isn't going to help Horford and his case.

• Like 1