Cousins NFL?

Guest Zyzz

Definitely not a lock to even be a starter down the road, but if he gets his head right and puts in the time, along with getting coached correctly, I think he can be a 25 and 12 guy in a few years. Say what you want but I think he's gonna be a star. Favors on the other hand has more question marks to me.

Definitely not a lock to even be a starter down the road, but if he gets his head right and puts in the time, along with getting coached correctly, I think he can be a 25 and 12 guy in a few years. Say what you want but I think he's gonna be a star. Favors on the other hand has more question marks to me.

Favors will have to put in more work, but I think his upside is huge. With Cousins, I see little upside, pretty much what you see is what you get. Favors however could be a star with the right coach and work ethic. Dont sleep on this guy.

Well thats pretty obvious.

The crazy thing is that for his strength and dominance he said he's never lifted in his life.

Wow really? That will change when he comes to the NBA, ain't no way he is getting out of training with a professional team. I lost a lot of respect for him hearing that actually. It isn't a cool thing to say you have never lifted weights in your life just cause you appear a monster, it shows his lack of respect for the game and that he will NEVER be a dominant player so i don't know what the other guy is saying about him being the next Shaq, more like the next Kwame. lol

Wow really? That will change when he comes to the NBA, ain't no way he is getting out of training with a professional team. I lost a lot of respect for him hearing that actually. It isn't a cool thing to say you have never lifted weights in your life just cause you appear a monster, it shows his lack of respect for the game and that he will NEVER be a dominant player so i don't know what the other guy is saying about him being the next Shaq, more like the next Kwame. lol

Quote me on this next year, DeMarcus is gonna be top 5 in rookie of the year voting.

Because he doesn't lift weights, he's not going to be a good player? Oh my goodness. With a 6'10, 292lbs body, you don't need to lift weights. He's already shown he's strong enough not to have to. Being a gym junkie isn't an indicator of anything. I don't know how you think it is.

• Like 1

• Owner

Can't say he'll be an NBA center (well, a successful one). He's 6-10 and almost 300 pounds, but the problem is, taller centers will expose him. He has a little athleticism, not much explosion though...and that will be a problem when he starts playing big minutes on a professional stage, especially if he's showing he's not dedicated to working out.

So here's what Cousins needs to do: work out, a lot. Drop the weight a bit. Become a power forward. That way, he gains explosiveness, it's easier for him to manhandle the average power forward (because Cousins is super strong), and playing 30+ minutes a game won't wear him down halfway through the season.

In 3-5 years, Cousins will either be a thicker and stronger Al Jefferson, or the NBA's version of JaMarcus Russell. It all depends on how hard he works to drop that weight.

Top five for the ROY? I would say so. There's no way in hell I would ever, ever consider him the next Shaq, though.

Next Shaq is an insult to the Deisel.

DeMarcus is gonna be a stud though. I've got no doubt that he's going to push himself to be the best unlike Mr. Russell. I do think that eventually it'll be Wall, Favors, Cousins in terms of who the best players were to come out of this draft. I think Cousins is going to be great.