Fall From Heaven: The DeJuan Blair Story

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/207252-fall-from-heaven-the-dejuan-blair-story

Labeled defective and risky, a man who has only known one home will look to prove the doubters wrong as he enters his dream of the NBA Thursday night a lot further down than expected.

DeJuan Blair grew up in Pittsburgh in literally walking distance of his former college school. He was the youngest and smallest of four children, but that soon changed as he began to grow. By the time Blair entered Schenley High School; he stood 6’7" and had a punishing body to go along with the tall frame.

The three-time Pittsburgh City League Player of the Year was a highly-regarded prospect coming out of high school where he fielded many offers. Florida, Tennessee, and even smaller schools like Rutgers and Miami all pushed hard for the young talent.

Blair’s parents wanted him to leave the state to go to college, but it was for his grandmother that Blair chose Pittsburgh.

I'm glad you guys picked up Jack. I guess now I'll be rooting for the Spurs this year when they aren't playing the Heat. Love the Blair pick though because I think he can come in right away and play next to Duncan.

Yeah he definitely should have been picked before 37 and it was a steal but lets not get too crazy now. The guy is a 6'6 PF, that is so undersized at that position its not even funny. The guy has no ACL's in his knees and might be good for the league for just 5 years tops because his knees just give out on him. He's very powerful in the post thats a fact but I think in the NBA he'll be pretty easy to stop consider his size.