GM1: Boston @ Los Angeles

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Celtics, 31-40, he will have a triple double.

My corn is chillin in the fridge, ready for the poppin on this day.

After the teams' Jan. 31 meeting, the Lakers' inability to contain Rajon Rondo was a concern. ESPN Los Angeles columnist Dave McMenamin wrote, "Quick, penetrating guards make the Lakers' defense fold faster than a Texas hold 'em player who draws a 2-4 unsuited." And L.A. coach Phil Jackson said Rondo "literally changed the ballgame in a matter of about four minutes" in the second quarter.

Rondo helped erase a 13-point Lakers lead in the blink of an eye with his at-will penetration. Rondo, who finished with 21 points, 12 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals, was covered primarily by Bryant rather than 35-year-old L.A. point guard Fisher, though Jackson made a point of blaming the whole team's defense for letting Rondo run wild.

Bryant wasn't around for the Feb. 18 rematch, but Rondo again had a major impact with 14 points, 11 assists, 5 rebounds and 5 steals. How the Lakers contend with Rondo could be the most important aspect of the Finals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100529/daily-dime

Uh-oh.

• Owner

Uh-oh.

:lol:

Two days before that game, Bryant hurt his ankle...third quarter, against the Sixers. I'm sure you remember that...but of course, you can look that up. January 29th. He had trouble at practice the next day, had swelling, and came to Boston hurting. He shot 8-20 and sucked on defense most of the game, because Rondo kept blowing past him, before he hit the game-winner.

If you don't want to acknowledge those injuries, so be it.

• Owner

Oh well, I'll do the work myself...

Though the Celtics are the team most often referenced for their defense, the Lakers held them to 16 points in the final period and Bryant -- not looking 100 percent physically in shooting 8-of-20 -- did what Boston didn't.

I think Los Angeles is going to win this series. Kobe will always be attacking, something Carter didn't really do. Rondo might play better on Fisher, but not sure. I think Artest will shut down Pierce for the most part. Garnett might play better against Bynum/Gasol though. But ultimately I think LA will end up winning all of their home games, and be tough on the road.

I like Simmons' articles, he's always funny.

That article also says how he came to learn to push aside his hatred for Lakers and appreciate "good basketball". He had to, moving from Boston to LA to live there. I think he's definitely a Celtics fan for life, and hates Lakers for life, but I don't think he would be biased at all in writing his articles...