GM1: Boston @ Los Angeles

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Terrific game by Kobe and Gasol. The Lakers fought harder, played to their size advantage, and were not settling for jumpshots. Boston looked lethargic and couldn't get anything going offensively.

I expect a much more competitive game in game 2, but it was clear from this game that the Lakers matchup far better than they did in 2008.

• Owner

Kobe did an excellent job keeping Rondo out of the paint (slipped up just twice, both times in the first quarter, helping on Garnett too much). He also put out 30 points (46% FG), 7 rebounds and 6 assists. Amazing game...11 of his last 12 have been 30+ points.

Gasol was playing very well defensively, contesting everything, as expected. His length bothers guards and forwards around him, slashing to the rim or taking those contested jumpers (which we want).

Artest played very good defense...Pierce got 24, but he had to work for half of those, and a lot of the points were dumped on other players.

We reached 100 points, held them to under 90. I don't need to comment much more on it.

Three more.

• Owner

http://i45.tinypic.com/2j5dmbs.gif

I've never seen Kobe this focused for a full playoff season. Dude has been even more focused since Game 1 versus the Suns.

Anyone just see his post-game interview? :blink:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2j5dmbs.gif

Haha bad night for Chris Rock. First that akward interview where Phil yelled at him, then that shot. Great stuff.

Edited by Nitro1118

^ :lol: Focused.

Good game none the less for the Lakers, I expect this type of domination to continue through out the entire series. They are just a much better team than 2 years ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol: at KG having no legs to finish a wide dunk, and then throw up an airball as a put back.

^He was pretty straight forward with his replies lol.

We couldn't have played any better tonight on both ends of the floor. Defensively Pau did an excellent job blocking and altering shots, Kobe held Rondo is check, and Artest shut down Pierce as expected. Offensively Kobe was once again unstoppable, his 3rd quarter output really put a lock on the game. There was nothing "soft" about Pau's game, he made KG look like [expletive] tonight. And if Artest can pitch in 15 we're in good shape.

The Celts can blame their lose on foul trouble or whatever, but we were clearly the aggressors tonight. Early in the first quarter JVG said something about the Lakers inability to get into the paint in '08, but we easily got into it today.

I'm pretty confident going into game 2, Kobe is clearly focused hopefully the rest have the same mentality.

Enough with your silly jokes Chris Rock. Matt Barnes couldn't make him flinch, you really think that going to phase him. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/Own%20things/110398455.gif

Edited by Confidence

and Artest shut down Pierce as expected..

Huh? Pierce had 24/9/4 and took only 13 shots. Artest did a solid job but nowhere near shutdown Pierce.

If anyone got shutdown, it was Rondo.

Huh? Pierce had 24/9/4 and took only 13 shots. Artest did a solid job but nowhere near shutdown Pierce.

If anyone got shutdown, it was Rondo.

He scored 8-10 points when the game was pretty much over. Pierce has carried this team offensively to this point, holding him to 24 points in a win in my book.

He scored 8-10 points when the game was pretty much over. Pierce has carried this team offensively to this point, holding him to 24 points in a win in my book.

Through the first 17 games of the playoffs Pierce scored 24+ points only 4x. If the Lakers consider holding Pierce to 24+ points a win, then there would have been 0 point in signing Artest over Ariza in the first place.

Through the first 17 games of the playoffs Pierce scored 24+ points only 4x. If the Lakers consider holding Pierce to 24+ points a win, then there would have been 0 point in signing Artest over Ariza in the first place.

Hmmm, I actually thought he had better scoring postseason than that lol. They were naming PP MVP of the postseason just a short while ago. Good find. Either way Artest did his job and made things hard on PP. KG won't have a 20+ scoring game and neither will Rondo this series. With that said the Celts are going to need big contributions from their bench (16 points tonight), Ray Allen (who couldn't stay out of foul trouble tonight), and Pierce. We'll live with Pierce scoring 24 points.

Edited by Confidence