Lee Putting Up 500 3-Point Shots Per Day

Mark Bartlestein, the agent for David Lee, said that Lee is putting up 500 three-point jump shots per day so far this off-season. Lee is working on improving his long-distance game.

Bartelstein said Lee's preference is to stay in New York but he expects his client to receive heavy interest from other teams this summer.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66975/20100603/lee_putting_up_500_3_point_shots_per_day/

Should be interesting to see how this will work for him and whether he will turn into someone like Channing Frye for the Knicks or what ever team he decides to play for.

In one offseason he went from being a terrible jump shooter to a great one. I wouldn't put it past him to become a reliable three-point shooter within a year or two.

I was going to say the same thing, as if he wasn't dangerous enough off the pick n roll, if he can add a 3 pt shot he'd be probably the best pick n roll big man in the game.

It is obvious why he is doing this.

The Raptors and Knicks have agreed on a Bosh for Lee trade and Colangelo informed Lee that he has to work on his 3 point shot.

I can imagine it now. DeRozan and Jack will be posting up while Bargnani and Lee stand outside waiting for the kickout.

Seriously though, as long as he doesn't rely on a perimeter jumper and still mixes it up down low, I have no problems with this. However, if he starts to drift further and further away from the basket and becomes a jump shooting big, I would hate to have him on my team as it would take away on of the best parts of Lee's game, which is the hustle plays and offensive rebounding.

It is obvious why he is doing this.

The Raptors and Knicks have agreed on a Bosh for Lee trade and Colangelo informed Lee that he has to work on his 3 point shot.

I can imagine it now. DeRozan and Jack will be posting up while Bargnani and Lee stand outside waiting for the kickout.

Seriously though, as long as he doesn't rely on a perimeter jumper and still mixes it up down low, I have no problems with this. However, if he starts to drift further and further away from the basket and becomes a jump shooting big, I would hate to have him on my team as it would take away on of the best parts of Lee's game, which is the hustle plays and offensive rebounding.

He still has great touch as a roll man, and there will always be roll opportunities in that offense. The three-point shooting will just be a more dangerous weapon when his team calls screen/fades. Also, because he plays center, defenders don't guard him at 18 feet. What will he do behind the arc? He'd often be wide open, since he can handle too. You are right though, this could hinder his offensive rebounding. I hope he doesn't simply become a niche shooter. That's the worst thing for his game.