Michael Kay Snaps Back Furiously at Criticism

Teletopez

“This is a quote from Phil Mushnick’s column in the Post today: ‘Now a scold: When Kay lifts a chunk from a newspaper column, repeats it almost word for word on his radio show as if it’s his original thought and he doesn’t credit the author, or at least the publication in which it appeared, that’s dishonest, a form of theft.’

“First things first: Who the hell are you to scold me? My mother and father scolded me and they’re dead. You’re not, OK? Don’t ever scold me. You don’t have that right to be scolding me, nor do you have that gravitas. You’re nothing, OK? And what you wrote is untrue. Because of all the people that you talk to, even people at this station, I’m obsessed with giving credit. Some of my best friends in the world are newspaper writers and I always give credit.

“If I inadvertently or unknowingly gave the same kind of thought that was in a newspaper column without crediting it, well then I apologize for that. But I want you to tell me what I did and when I did it. Because the way you write it it’s like it’s a constant thing, and that’s fraudulent on your part. Fraudulent. That is not true. And I’ve got stuff on you. You want to question ethics? I’ll bring it out, too. I’ve got plenty of things that would question your ethics and your morals and the way you do your job. And I’m going to leave it open-ended, too. How does that feel?

“You guys have thin skins. If you think about, what are critics? Critics are parasites that live off the work of others and critique it. Do something on your own. I’d never steal a line from your column, Phil, because I know every single day exactly what you’re going to write.

NewsDay

... and there's plenty more to it.

Probably why Bob Lorenz, who I've never heard doing play-by-play for the Yankees, is covering tonight.

Every time I tune into his radio show it's always him whining about his critics, and his play by play, despite being non-bias for the most part, is atrocious. Honestly I don't like Francesca at all but his show is far better, despite the fact he's a douche bag to all his callers. Why Chris Russo? Why did you have to break up the only good NY sports radio show?