Johnny Flynn vs Ty Lawson

Years

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/130/325/92553954.jpg.7854.0_display_image.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/arash_markazi/12/04/lawson/ty-lawson2.jpg

Better player:

More Potential:

Better Career:

You have to think about it like this. If Flynn was on Denver would he be starting over Billups? And If Lawson was on Minny would anyone be starting over him?

iv only seen flynn play once and he had crazy handles, for some reason he reminded me for Chris Paul

there are so many young pg in the league its crazy

for me its hard to say but i would say ty is better but maybe because he is in less of a role

career and potential i would say flynn

Flynn for all 3. He won't take Billups starting position if he is in Denver but he would get the nod over Anthony Carter anytime. If Lawson was at T'Wolves, he might be more adapted to the triangle offense but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a better player.

Hard to choose, but I'd have to go with Flynn. He does more with less. He doesn't have the luxury of being able to learn from Billups and play with guys like Carmelo and JR Smith, but he puts up better stats than Lawson.

Flynn for all 3.

Edited by SeasonSeven

Better player: Right now, I'll take Ty. He's a very fundamentally sound player... he plays within the system, but he's fast as hell and can break down the defense easily. He's probably the best defensive rookie point guard since Rajon Rondo.

More potential: I'll give the edge to Flynn here. I really think of the two, Flynn has the more star potential... Lawson has a chance to be an All Star (think of Billups without the jumpshot yet) but Flynn can be a superstar type of player like (think of Baron Davis).

Better career: I'll give the edge to Flynn, if this is strictly individual stats. Flynn would have a star career, while Lawson would be remembered mostly a "one time All Star" type of player like Sam Cassell or Kenny Smith, etc.

I'll still take Lawson though, I do think he's the much smarter and tougher player.

• Like 1

Better player: Right now, I'll take Ty. He's a very fundamentally sound player... he plays within the system, but he's fast as hell and can break down the defense easily. He's probably the best defensive rookie point guard since Rajon Rondo.

More potential: I'll give the edge to Flynn here. I really think of the two, Flynn has the more star potential... Lawson has a chance to be an All Star (think of Billups without the jumpshot yet) but Flynn can be a superstar type of player like (think of Baron Davis).

Better career: I'll give the edge to Flynn, if this is strictly individual stats. Flynn would have a star career, while Lawson would be remembered mostly a "one time All Star" type of player like Sam Cassell or Kenny Smith, etc.

I'll still take Lawson though, I do think he's the much smarter and tougher player.

this

The only reason people are going to say that Lawson is a better player than Flynn as of right now is because... Flynn is playing in a triangle offense, something he has NEVER done.

Hopeless Timberwolves? Man, people need to stop with the conclusions.

Exactley!