Morey: Rockets Will Probably Trade For Center

Daryl Morey said the Rockets are likely to acquire a replacement for the injured Yao Ming via trade.

"I think we're probably going to have to trade for a center," Morey said after watching his summer league team in Las Vegas. "That will probably be the plan at this point. There are a few free agents that might be later fill-ins, but I think most likely we'll address some of our needs through trades."

Morey said the team is not yet ready to make an announcement on Yao Ming's injury status.

"We're going to make a joint release with Yao's advisors when we decide on a course of treatment," Morey said. "Before that we're going to stay quiet on it because we don't really know until that decision is made what will happen."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60508/20090711/morey_rockets_will_probably_trade_for_center/

I wonder if Magic will match Dallas offer for Gortat then trade him to the Rockets for someone. Battier?

The Mavs got the Magic into the 4 team deal and gave them a 10 million dollar exception, there is no way they sign Gortat away from the Mavs.