Howard Learns From All-Time Great

bigdog17k

Denton: Howard Learns From All-Time Great

ORLANDO – Dwight Howard’s summer plans will take him twice to China, once to Africa and also to Los Angeles for a week. Plans are that he’ll shoot a movie and do several promotional stops in China, visit the disadvantaged in Senegal and also sing kid’s songs, appear in a Disney TV show, make nice with one-time rival Shaquille O’Neal and shoot a commercial for Adidas while in Los Angeles.

But it’s his shortest trip of all – one to Houston – that should have the most lasting effect on Howard’s offseason.

The Magic’s consensus All-NBA center spent five days in Houston last week working out with legendary Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon. The two worked for three hours a day, drilling on a variety of post moves, face-up jump shots and baby hooks off pump fakes. The idea was to help Howard add more weapons to his offensive arsenal when foes look to choke him off with sagging defenses.

Howard left Houston not only impressed with the 47-year-old center’s breadth of knowledge, but also his stamina and willingness to work.

``Hakeem did not care at all that I had just finished a long season. He was ready to work and it was really good for me,’’ Howard said. ``I’m just trying to stay fit and getting in that time with Hakeem was great. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him. We had a lot of time working out. (Magic GM) Otis (Smith) might need to go see Hakeem because I really think he could still give us 10 to 15 minutes a night.’’

Full Article

I celled in to V103 here in the A and talked to him today. I said he if he was a free agent this year where would he go. He said LA. And he also said that if he could choose one person to play with who would it be and he said Wade. It was pretty awesome.