Perkins likely out for Game 7

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Knowing this do Lakers now have the upper hand in Game 7 this Thrusday

Edited by magicbalala245

• Owner

They had the upper hand to begin with, since it's in Los Angeles.

But with Perkins injured/out, most definitely.

People do forget, however, that Bynum was injured and didn't even play in 2008 (when Boston beat us)...and right now, he's logging in 12-15 minutes before wrapping his knee in ice and not playing for the rest of the game.

No excuses.

• Owner

But no with Perkins out there is not a big body to bang with Bynum, and this could help Gasol open his game since he (well I hope) has got his rhythm back after seeing today's performance

Bynum doesn't matter out there. He won't be a factor, either way. His knee will be worse than it was tonight.

But Gasol...different story. With Perkins out, Gasol is eager to play in the post...exactly what the doctor ordered for us. He HAS to be aggressive in the post, or the triangle breaks, spacing is lost, and we lose the game.

Bynum doesn't matter out there. He won't be a factor, either way. His knee will be worse than it was tonight.

You still don't think it would matter as far I was concerned Bynum was the only one able to box out Perkins for some boards. Did you see how much of an impact Perkins had on the Celtics as far as rebounds go? Perkins was dearly missed for the Celtics today. If he can't go like this is being reported by Yahoo! It can be another long game for the Celtics as for as rebounding goes.

That is a huge blow for the Celtics. It not only will help Gasol in the ways mentioned above but it also will help Kobe a lot. When Kobe drives to the rim and sees Perkins it changes his drive from an aggressive one (shoulder down) to more of an elusive one (avoid and finish) type of drive, but now with Sheed and KG being the only big men down low it will I think makes his drives that much more aggressive, making an already fantastic aspect of his game that much better and effective in this series. KG already witnessed a little bit of that today, I think Perkins was in on that play Bryant would not have tired to bulldoze him for a layup.

If this is true, then we'll have a huge advantage in game 7. The Celts love to push the ball off misses but with Perkins out they'll have troubles rebounding. Plus this will leave the Celts thin at center, Glen Davis is best suited off the bench, Rasheed is prone to picking up quick fouls, and Sheldon Williams is trash (3 rebounds, 0 points, 2 turnovers, 15 minutes of pt).

Does anybody else find it somewhat odd that they are ruling him out so early? It may be because I am used to the NHL playoffs where you never know who is hurt with what injury, but I find it strange that word about Perkins being done for Game 7 was so quick to surface. You would think that the Celtics would be tight lipped about the whole thing and wouldn't show their hand so quickly.

I don't know, but something seems a little off to me. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him dress for Game 7. How effective will he be, assuming he does play, is the question though. That injury looked pretty bad considering he wasn't able to put weight on it and judging from the way that it buckled and the way that he was holding it, I wouldn't expect much from him.

• Owner

You still don't think it would matter as far I was concerned Bynum was the only one able to box out Perkins for some boards. Did you see how much of an impact Perkins had on the Celtics as far as rebounds go? Perkins was dearly missed for the Celtics today. If he can't go like this is being reported by Yahoo! It can be another long game for the Celtics as for as rebounding goes.

Well, of course, the rebounding will take a hit for Boston...but as far as how much it helps Bynum, and how much Bynum will be able to help us now that Perkins is gone, I don't see the significance.

Obviously, that will change if Drew plays 30+ minutes for us, but I doubt he will. Who knows.

Does anybody else find it somewhat odd that they are ruling him out so early? It may be because I am used to the NHL playoffs where you never know who is hurt with what injury, but I find it strange that word about Perkins being done for Game 7 was so quick to surface. You would think that the Celtics would be tight lipped about the whole thing and wouldn't show their hand so quickly.

I don't know, but something seems a little off to me. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him dress for Game 7. How effective will he be, assuming he does play, is the question though. That injury looked pretty bad considering he wasn't able to put weight on it and judging from the way that it buckled and the way that he was holding it, I wouldn't expect much from him.

Well, "they" didn't exactly rule him out yet. Just a rumor, that a source close to him said that he's done. Can't really say for sure if that's even true, honestly.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Boston did say he's doubtful, then they suit him up anyway. It's Hollywood (says Pierce).