WNBA: Candace Parker Out For Season

Poe

LOS ANGELES -- The Sparks say leading scorer and rebounder Candace Parker will miss the rest of the season because of a dislocated left shoulder that will require surgery.

Los Angeles general manager Penny Toler made the announcement Thursday night. Parker, a forward, was injured Sunday in the first half of the Sparks' 88-84 home win over the Minnesota Lynx. The surgery will be scheduled in the coming weeks.

Parker averaged 20.6 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per game this season. Los Angeles (3-7) is fifth in the WNBA's five-team Western Conference.

"Losing Candace is definitely a huge loss for us and the league in general," Toler said. "We still have a great team that is led by two Olympians and loaded with talent. Our goal, as always, is still to win."

Source

At least the Sparks weren't doing very well anyway, and are 5th in a 6 team conference (needs 4th in order to make playoffs). This may ultimately be beneficial to get a good draft pick, though I have no knowledge of the talent level in this year's draft.

Still, it's unfortunate to see another bad year for one of the WNBA's best players.

Edited by Poe

Watch Uconn or Tennessee play.

Those ladys can ball.

I'm sure they can. Personally, I prefer the professional game. I don't watch mens college basketball either.

So anyway, what does this have to do with Candace Parker?

You stated "I have no knowledge of the talent level in this year's draft."

and I said Watch Uconn or Tennessee play.

Those ladys can ball. Thats where you can see the talent of this years draft.

Sad thing for the Sparks tho. SO much for them making the playoffs.

You stated "I have no knowledge of the talent level in this year's draft."

and I said Watch Uconn or Tennessee play.

Those ladys can ball. Thats where you can see the talent of this years draft.

Sad thing for the Sparks tho. SO much for them making the playoffs.

Oh ok, I thought you were suggesting for me to watch women's college or something.

I just researched a 2011 mock draft. It looks like UConn forward Maya Moore is expected to go first overall. Nobody else from UConn or Tennessee is expected to be drafted in the first round, though Tennessee's forward Angie Bjorkland is likely to be picked first in the second round.

With LA being projected to have the 2nd pick, it looks like their likely pick with be a 6'5'' forward from Xavier named Amber Harris. That's a lot of size for a forward in Woman's basketball.

Edited by Poe

Guest STL10

I don't mean to spoil your fun on the Sheldon Williams hate, but pregnancy was Candace's choice as well. Even if it had been an accident, abortions are still legal, right?

Yeah that comment was out of line. Candace Parker is a great player and person.