Iverson Intends To Play In NBA During 10-11

Allen Iverson intends to play in the NBA during the 10-11 season, according to his personal manager Gary Moore.

“Allen is working out and he’s getting himself prepared to make his return,” Moore said by phone Friday. “He absolutely will try and play next year.”

Iverson left the Sixers to deal with an undisclosed illness of his 4-year-old daughter, Messiah.

“With God’s graces, she’s doing very well,” Moore said.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67267/20100618/iverson_intends_to_play_in_nba_during_10_11/

So, Iverson had several 20+ point games with the Sixers. He's becoming a better passer and isn't as selfish as he used to be(Yes, I'll admit it)

He can still compete at high level depite being 34. Just like Kidd, Nash etc. If he wants people to realize he's still a great player he needs to go to a lottery team and tryto help them out(With a starting job of course)

If he wants to win a ring he can go to the Cavs and maybe start at the SG spot where Parker is, or go to LA and maybe start over Fisher, Fisher dosen't do much except hit a shot here or there and ake some big shots. Maybe, he can start behind Fisher or something too.

I hope he will have a new mindset for the new season. Otherwise, he won't make it anywhere. At Philly he will be starting at SG but the key to the ball will be held by Jrue Holiday and in other teams he will surely be asked to take a lesser role (given that he won't go to [expletive] teams and wants to win a ring)

Let's see...

He was benched by Michael Curry in Detroit...

Then in the off-season said he's all about winning (which he's basically said his whole NBA career), yet signed with Grizzlies of all teams. Okay, he might have felt Grizzlies had what it took to be special... what happened? The team wanted to bring him slowly off the bench because he missed the training camp and some regular season games to injury... in the very first game, he came out to media he's not gonna come off the bench again. So, he "believed" so much in the Grizzlies' potential to sign there yet that wasn't enough to outweigh the downside of coming off the bench in ONE game.

So he is about winning?

He signed with the Sixers after basically not receiving interest from the other 29 teams. Sixers were not necessarily interested in him, but they wanted to give their former superstar some respect he didn't get from the other 29 teams.

He didn't last to the end of the season. Yes, he got personal problems, but I bet every player has got their family drama at home. And out of 300+ players, there must at least 5-10 with serious personal problems. How many quit? One, and that's Allen Iverson.

I am hating, but my point is, I don't see him getting interest from any team, including the Sixers, who've joined the 29 teams in "not interested in AI" business.

So, Iverson had several 20+ point games with the Sixers. He's becoming a better passer and isn't as selfish as he used to be(Yes, I'll admit it)

He can still compete at high level depite being 34. Just like Kidd, Nash etc. If he wants people to realize he's still a great player he needs to go to a lottery team and tryto help them out(With a starting job of course)

If he wants to win a ring he can go to the Cavs and maybe start at the SG spot where Parker is, or go to LA and maybe start over Fisher, Fisher dosen't do much except hit a shot here or there and ake some big shots. Maybe, he can start behind Fisher or something too.

I'm sure Laker fans will disagree with you. Fisher may not be as skilled as AI, but he has (what AI doesn't) physicality and defense.

The only way I see AI a Laker is if he backs up Fisher off the bench. Off the bench again? Will he complain after his very first game?

And that's assuming Lakers don't keep Farmar and Brown, who've fit as Fisher's backup. The only way I see the Lakers intrigued is if they think he can be a scoring threat off the bench who can follow the system.

But AI is pretty much washed up thesedays. If any team wants an undersized SG in PG body, Nate Robinson is available... and all 30 teams will definitely prefer him to AI.

Great players often have great egos, and that ego is the drive that makes them so great. If Iverson changes his mentality, it changes who he is as a player, and it may ultimately damage his strengths along with his selfishness.

Simply put, unless Iverson is good enough to be the best on his team, no team should go after him. He's done in the NBA.

Edited by Poe