Wolves "ecstatic" about Johnson going to Nets...

Guest STL10

• Owner

I call BS. If Minny is really looking at Cousins or Favors (because who else would they care about?), that means they are trading Jefferson or Love.

Wesley Johnson was their pick. Now he's not. Changes everything.

I call BS. If Minny is really looking at Cousins or Favors (because who else would they care about?), that means they are trading Jefferson or Love.

I wonder if Detroit would be interested in a Love for #7 type deal. Pistons have been said to be looking for a big man in the draft, works well for both sides.

Guest STL10

Exactly right. Now they will look to trade the pick for a solid SF, and if they can't they'll trade Love or Jefferson. I say they trade Kevin Love for #6 Overall pick and draft Luke Babbitt. That would mean Kevin Love would be a Warrior...Kevin Love is PERFECT for that offense in EVERY way. He is a great rebounder, excellent outlet passer, good shooter, and quick for his size. Also with #4 the T'Wolves will draft Favors, and then the KG comparisons will begin...UGH

Edited by STL10

Here is what Kahn said about Favors when he came in for a workout last week.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Long, quick and strong with plenty of that upside the NBA loves so much, Derrick Favors has found himself a consensus top-five pick in next week's draft. He could go as high as third.

The hard work has just begun for Favors, however.

"He appears to be out of shape," Minnesota president of basketball operations David Kahn said Thursday after Favors worked out for Timberwolves officials at Target Center.

The 6-foot-10 Favors, who won't turn 19 until next month after a one-and-done career at Georgia Tech, didn't argue with that assessment. He looked rather winded after going through a series of footwork, shooting and conditioning drills.

"I know at the beginning of my college year I was kind of tired in the first half of the game," Favors said. "I kind of worked my way to be able to play the whole game. ... I'm working on it. Trying to improve it. Trying to show I can go nonstop."

Kahn said he would talk to Favors about his conditioning, but didn't express concern.

"I think that's something that can be learned," Kahn said.

Favors weighs 248 pounds, up from 240 during the past season. He's a pure power forward, who averaged 12.4 points and 8.4 rebounds for the Yellow Jackets to win the ACC Rookie of the Year award from media covering the conference, with the ability to play some at the center position if he bulks up. He said he'd like to be at 260 pounds.

Favors said he patterns himself after Amare Stoudemire. His wingspan makes him a natural rebounder and shot-blocker, and he has exceptional leaping ability for his height, but his offensive game needs polish. Favors was frequently in foul trouble during his freshman season.

"You have to be patient for him because he's so raw and so undeveloped, but I think he has a great opportunity to be a very fine player in this league," Kahn said, insisting Favors can run well and fit with an up-tempo style.

The Wolves have the No. 4, No. 16 and No. 23 picks in the first round of the draft, so they might have to put together a package to move up if they want to pick Favors. Kahn said trade talks have been "intensifying."

As for whether Favors could fit on a team with power forwards Al Jefferson and Kevin Love, Kahn said he wouldn't keep all three of them together for the future.

"If he's there and we take him then it would obviously hasten something else that would have to occur," Kahn said. "It doesn't necessarily have to occur that night. There's not that much pressure to do something right away in that he's 18. While I do believe he will be playing some next year, I don't believe it will be likely for him to play a prominent role on a team next year."

Considering his comments about Favors appearing out of shape and his emphasis that he is a long-term project, Kahn sounded as though he was trying to downplay his value -- perhaps hoping for a better chance at landing him.

"I think we're in a position where we have to do what's best for the long term viability of the franchise," Kahn said. "Simple as that. While I know people would prefer that it happen sooner rather than later, I don't think that we can be forced into doing something that isn't best for the long-term vision."

I wonder if Detroit would be interested in a Love for #7 type deal. Pistons have been said to be looking for a big man in the draft, works well for both sides.

People have been talking about a Jefferson for Prince +7th pick deal.

The Wolves could grab Favors, if possible, and grab Paul George if he's still available.

Flynn

George

Brewer

Favors

Milcic

Not bad..

People have been talking about a Jefferson for Prince +7th pick deal.

The Wolves could grab Favors, if possible, and grab Paul George if he's still available.

Flynn

George

Brewer

Favors

Milcic

Not bad..

I think Al would fetch more than that, not a big fan of Prince either. For just the 7th pick, I would rather part with Love than Al.

Reportedly George won't be slipping by the Grizzlies but guys like Henry and Hayward might be available.

If Minny somehow acquires the 7th pick, Monroe could fall right into Kahn's lap if the Udoh report stands true.