Creating topics, draft talk, etc.

Real Deal

• Owner

Just a few things to keep in mind...

1) When creating topics, be sure to place them in team forums when necessary. There can be duplicate topics for trades (one in each team forum). If it's about a free agent signing, it goes in that particular team forum. We all have been doing it for years though...no biggie.

2) Your general draft discussion goes in those pinned topics in each team forum. However, there will be articles that you can post, and Twitter notifications (ex. Aminu gets a promise from Clippers) that you SHOULD create a new topic for.

3) All topics you create have to have decent titles. You don't have to be too descriptive, but keep in mind that these hit our search engines AND make their way to our Twitter, so do your best.

Aminu gets a promise from LA

Bucks acquire Maggette from Warriors

Lakers show interest in Bosh

Those are great examples of topic titles we are looking for. :)

4) I'm aware that there's an AIM chat for the draft, but I'll also create a draft discussion topic right BEFORE the draft is on, for everyone to post their thoughts in. I would appreciate at least some activity in it. :dribble:

5) Post your mock drafts in the appropriate sub-forum (you'll see it in the NBA Draft forum). Get them in soon...the draft is Thursday. ;)

Thanks for the activity. I hope we pick it up even more after the draft, once teams start dealing players and those big-name free agents begin hunting down contracts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Come on guys...

1) When creating topics, be sure to place them in team forums when necessary. There can be duplicate topics for trades (one in each team forum). If it's about a free agent signing, it goes in that particular team forum. We all have been doing it for years though...no biggie.

3) All topics you create have to have decent titles. You don't have to be too descriptive, but keep in mind that these hit our search engines AND make their way to our Twitter, so do your best.

Aminu gets a promise from LA

Bucks acquire Maggette from Warriors

Lakers show interest in Bosh

Those are great examples of topic titles we are looking for

Can we work on this?

Also, please look before posting a topic. I see at least three duplicate topics per day now.

• Like 1

• Owner

It's not difficult to search. The topics are usually moved into team forums. I know most boards you visit will want you to post EVERYTHING in NBA General, but we don't want that.

So if you find a topic about Kyle Korver signing with the Bulls, just go into the Bulls forum and see if it's posted yet. It's easy.

• Like 1