Chad Ford and Bill Simmons Mock Draft On ESPN Right Now

Built Ford Tough

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?page=ford-simmons-100623

I love reading anything Bill Simmons, whether I agree with him or not, so I am finding this interesting. Thought I would post it for anybody else who wants to read it as they make their selections and comments.

Bill Simmons:

Do you want to go first? I kinda want to pick fourth so I can make Minnesota's pick... that way T-Wolves fans can pretend they have someone competent in charge for 5 minutes.

Cool, I'm on the clock with Minnesota's No. 4 pick. Hold on, I'm going to give myself a concussion so I'm in a realistic state of mind for this pick...

:lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Ok, this is moving at an absolute snails pace. They have made 4 picks in about 40 minutes, haha.

Some interesting comments from Chad Ford about DeMarcus Cousins:

I think Cousins is the most interesting enigma in the draft. If GMs don't think he's a little crazy ... he goes No. 1 right? How many 280 6-11 big men who can score in the paint come along in the NBA draft. He's a lock to be a 20-10 man. But he scares EVERYONE. It's a terrible fit for Minnesota, both on the court and off the court. But, on talent, you're right, he should be the pick.

Cousins could be Moses Malone. He also could be Eddy Curry.

Oh yeah, another humerous dig at Minnesota by Simmons:

Fourth pick for Minnesota... Eric Bledsoe, point guard, Kentucky.

He is absolutely roasting the Wolves. :lol:

He retracted that pick and picked Cousins for them though.

Bill on Cousins:

Quote:

sportsguy33:

Couldn't agree more. In THIS draft, I think he's worth the gamble at No. 4... although I'd much rather pick him and then trade him over keeping him. I think he could be great on the right team with the right infrastructure in place. Minnesota = not it. What teams would work for him, Chad?

Simmons again:

My top-4 candidates (in no particular order): New Orleans, Houston, Detroit, Utah.

Simmons is owning this chat.

sportsguy33:

My three concerns with Wes: Turns 23 in July (Acie Law Syndrome), averaged just 16 PPG (red flag) and I'm not sure he can create his shot off the dribble. Seems like a rich man's Rasual Butler to me (if Butler rebounded a little more). Hopefully this means he'll break up with someone who ends up on Basketball Wives.

Edited by Dash

And now Simmons is turning his attention from to the Warriors:

If it's Wall-Turner-Favors-Cousins-Monroe in some order, G-State is screwed. The good news is they have totally incompetent people running the team.

Ford had an interesting take on a potential Tyreke Evans/DeMarcus Cousins duo:

Or play for them. Tyreke is a special player, but he isn't easy to coach or play with. Pair him with Cousins and the other 10 guys on that team are miserable.

I don't think that too many people looked at it from this angle and just looked at it from the "two highly talented players, one a shooting guard the other a center, both under 21, make it happen" angle. It brings up a valid question of just how these two would compliment each other with their respective playing styles and/or dominant personalities.

Oh yeah, and Ford is now falling Simmons lead and ripping into the Warriors:

Are we really going to talk about Golden State? Talk about a Lame Duck franchise. Can they just go away until Cohen sells the team. Once the Warriors get a great owner, they'll be a powerhouse franchise again. But for now they're in this weird twilight zone state ..

Uh-oh, Ford just insulted Pierce. Things should get interesting now.

Ford:

So two broken down vets, three electric athletes and Chris Kaman. Yeah, the Clippers would do that ... maybe get Hubie Brown to coach.

(The broken down vets were Davis and Pierce)

Paul Pierce didn't have 4 high-caliber playoff games left in him let alone 3 high-caliber years

Simmons:

PP is a broken-down vet? He just played 100+ games in a season and guarded LeBron in Round 2 - successfully. His team came within a couple of plays of winning a Game 7 on the road. How is he broken down?

Ford:

He's one year away from KG land.

Simmons:

Chad - do you watch the playoffs or do you spend all 12 months attending workouts for NBA prospects? That's a serious question. Do you watch NBA games?

:lol: