Clippers-Bulls Discussing Deng For 8th Pick?

I've been told that the Los Angeles Clippers could trade their No. 8 pick to Chicago for Luol Deng and the Bulls' 17th pick. I haven't gotten confirmation on this from a team official, but this trade is feasible because I know the Clippers aren't enamored with any of the guys they can get with the eighth pick. Also, their biggest position of need is small forward. Adding Deng would give them a starting five of Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Deng, Blake Griffin and Chris Kaman. That's pretty formidable. While this eats up most of the Clippers' cap space, they realize they weren't going to get one of the top-flight free agents anyway, certainly not if Donald Sterling refuses to sell the club.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17035/why-deng-to-clips-in-swap-of-picks-would-be-good-fit

Luol Deng and the 17th pick for the 8th pick. I think I would probably pull the trigger on this if I was the Clippers because, like stated in the article, there is basically no chance that the Clippers land a marquee free agent this summer. The 8th pick would probably be somebody like Aminu, and I don't think that he will ever be as good as Deng is, or at the very least, his best case scenario would be something similar to what Deng will give you now. The Clippers solidify their starting lineup and would also get the 17th pick to use in hopes of getting a solid bench player.

I don't know how valid this rumor is, but I think that it makes sense for the Clippers, and the Bulls clear even more salary to work with in free agency, while adding a young piece with the 8th pick.

This trade would have to wait until July 1st though as the Clippers would need to wait until they officially have cap space in order to absorb Deng's contract, so the Clipps would pick somebody at 8 for Chicago and the Bulls would do the same at 17 and then they would swap the picks along with Deng after July 1st.

EDIT: Looks like Confidence already posted this while I was typing up my post.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Good trade for both teams, win-win, definitely.

Deng will fit perfectly in that Clippers offense and the 17th pick is still a solid pick in this draft. Losing Deng obviously also means losing cap space and the Bulls will be a big contender in the free agency race