Wizards, Magic Might Be Talking Arenas For Carter Swap

According to a trusted source, the Wizards and Magic might be discussing a trade involving Gilbert Arenas for Vince Carter.

RealGM Note: Arenas is close to Magic GM Otis Smith from his time in the Golden State front office.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67404/20100623/wizards_magic_might_be_talking_arenas_for_carter_swap/

I'm fine with this. Cavs vs. Gilbert Arenas usually fares well in our direction so. I assume Arenas would play SG.

Carter, Wall, Blatche, McGee, and possibly Josh Howard all in Wizards starting lineup.....if someone told me that could be the Wizards team a few years ago I would have a crazy look on my face.

I'm fine with this. Cavs vs. Gilbert Arenas usually fares well in our direction so. I assume Arenas would play SG.

Carter, Wall, Blatche, McGee, and possibly Josh Howard all in Wizards starting lineup.....if someone told me that could be the Wizards team a few years ago I would have a crazy look on my face.

And let's not forget about Al Thorton. The Wizards look pretty good on paper.

Guest STL10

I believe the Magic's chances to get Paul are slim, and they will get rejected. I see the Magic offering Vince Carter, #29, and JJ Redick for Gilbert Arenas if they get shot down for Paul. In Van Gundy's offense Arenas would thrive at SG. As for the Wizards they would get a true SG, and a chance to sign Carmelo in next year's off-season. The Magic won't sit on their hands this off-season.

^ I predicted this :P