Another PayPal Question

Cobb

:(

Ok, so I'm getting really pissed off that I can't access my account. I was thinking of calling them just because I want I to be able to buy stuff off of eBay and what not but at the same time I don't want to get into any "trouble".

Has anyone ever called them before about forgetting your password? If so, what all did they ask you?

It says this on their website "After you have verified your identity, we will provide instructions on how to log in to your account." I assume that means your name, age, address, etc..??

Let me help you out... I use PayPal regularly. But no promises.

Here's what I'm confused... you fear PayPal would find out your age if you give that info to acquire your password. But my question is: how did you register successfully in the first place if you put your age when you registered?

Because I put like 1989 or something so it'd seem like I was 18.

Oh well, I'll just make a brand new one. I'll miss my $30 though. :(

Then just click "Problem with login?"

And then choose "I don't know my password" under "What's the issue?" and enter your e-mail address

Then a link will be sent to your e-mail, open the link and it will ask you to verify one of 3 things:

- Security questions

- Bank account number

- Credit or debit card number

Surely if you forgot security questions, you do know your bank account/ credit card/ debit card number??

Then just click "Problem with login?"

And then choose "I don't know my password" under "What's the issue?" and enter your e-mail address

Then a link will be sent to your e-mail, open the link and it will ask you to verify one of 3 things:

- Security questions

- Bank account number

- Credit or debit card number

Surely if you forgot security questions, you do know your bank account/ credit card/ debit card number??

I'm only 17 man so I don't have anything on there. It's fine though, I'm just going to wait three months until I'm 18 to make a new account.

Sorry dude can't help you're really in a hole :lol:

Should have written all those info on paper when you registered.

Yeah, it's fine. Oh well. I'll just wait until I'm 18 to make a new account. :glasses:

Just call, the worst that can happen is they don't give you the money and the best is they could give you access to the account...

Nah, if I don't know the information to the security I probably won't even know the rest of the information on the account.

You guys sure? It seems kind of dumb considering I'm 17 and you have to be 18 in order to even have an account. :wacko:

I had called when I was 17 and they didn't mind, though their terms could have changed in the past year or so.

It can't hurt, it's not like they can arrest you or anything.

I had called when I was 17 and they didn't mind, though their terms could have changed in the past year or so.

It can't hurt, it's not like they can arrest you or anything.

Well, I basically lied about my age so technically they could freeze my account or ban me from using their services forever, which I wouldn't want to happen.

Well, I got a buddy of mine to post on the PayPal forums and this is the response he got from a PayPal moderator:

When it becomes evident to Customer Services that your friend is under the age of 18 they will limit his account until he reaches 18. This is because when signing up to a PayPal account it says "As of January 1, 2002, you must be at least 18 years of age to register for an account"

After reaching 18 the limit placed on his account can be lifted and your friend can carry on enjoying his PayPal account.

I'll be calling later today. :glasses: