[Completed] All-time greatest duo?

Real Deal

Should be a no brainer, Jordan and Scottie get my vote. Jordan is arguably the best player of all time while Scottie is a top 50 player of all time. That duo got them multiple championships and they were seemingly unstoppable together.

Guest STL10

Magic and Kareem.

Magic and Kareem scored a combined:

9 NBA MVP's

21 NBA All-Star selections

5 NBA Finals MVP's

19 NBA All-First teams

5 NBA Championships

56,094 career points (4,761 more than Jordan and Pippen)

Magic and Kareem > Jordan or Pippen

Edited by STL10

Shaq and Kobe. The ultimate inside-out duo. Shaq was as dominant as any player in NBA history during the 3-peat, and even though Kobe was still on the rise, he was still a top 3 player in the league.

• Owner

I have to say Shaq and Kobe as well, because both demanded doubles. Chicago did a lot of great things with Jordan and Pippen, but they had shooters galore, knocking down shots every game. I wouldn't throw Horry (showing up only in clutch moments) and Fisher (same) in a similar boat with Paxson, Kerr, Armstrong, Kukoc and Harper.

During their dynasty, Kobe and Shaq were the two most dominant players in the league. During that second and third ring, you could argue that Kobe was also the best overall player, as he and Tim Duncan were neck-to-neck in overall skills, while nobody in the league could defend Shaq by themselves, up until his days in Miami and Phoenix.

• 2 months later...