Mavs like Beaubois-Jones backcourt

DALLAS -- Draft pick Dominique Jones delivered the line of the night with his befuddled one-word reply: "Who?"

His answer drew a roar of laughter from reporters gathered around a speaker phone that suddenly fell silent shortly after Mark Cuban ponied up $3 million so his Dallas Mavericks could crash the first round of Thursday night's NBA draft and acquire Jones with Memphis' 25th overall pick.

The 6-4 shooting guard was asked how much he knew about Rodrigue Beaubois, his soon-to-be teammate. Apparently the French sensation that drove Dallas fans into a tizzy this past season didn't make as much as a ripple on the South Florida campus, where the heavily tatted Jones was enforcing a one-way path to the free throw line as the Big East's second-leading scorer.

Read More

IMO they should trade Kidd and Butler for a great center. (BYNUM) Then put Roddy B at PG and Dom Jones at SG.

bynum a great center? hes a lil 2 injury prone for my liking.

i think this off-season we end up trading barea, terry an damp.

IMO they should trade Kidd and Butler for a great center. (BYNUM) Then put Roddy B at PG and Dom Jones at SG.

That'd be a nice lineup there, but I don't see any reason for the Lakers to do that, unless Fisher leaves of course. They have enough depth at SF-SG so Butler wouldn't fit in, and Kidd and Fisher platoon would be worth less than a Bynum off the bench/starting