Jazz Still Trying To Deal Boozer

The Goods

A three-team deal that would have sent Carlos Boozer to Chicago appears dead, but Utah is still talking to clubs about the forward.

The Jazz are talking to "multiple teams," according to the Deseret News. Conversations have reportedly increased as Utah attempts to shed salary so that they can afford to match the offer sheet Paul Millsap signed with the Blazers.

Chicago, Miami, Detroit and New York all remain potential landing spots for Boozer, according to the Deseret News.

"There's a lot, obviously, and for all the right reasons," general manager Kevin O'Connor said when asked about how many conversations he's had in recent days. "They look at us and say, 'Maybe we can get so-and-so, maybe we can get so-and-so.' We're listening, and talking to everybody. There's a frenzy right now about it, and I think it will slow down a little bit."

The team would not address a rumor that Boozer has requested a trade.

"I don't want to go there. That's not fair to Carlos, and that's not fair to us," O'Connor added. "But what I would say is that those two (Boozer and Millsap) have played together last year and the year before, and played fairly well together."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60522/20090712/jazz_still_trying_to_deal_boozer/