Should the Magic trade for Al Jefferson?

Years

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2010/01/11/jefferson_al_courtesy_381.jpg

http://givemetherock.com/wp-content/uploads/dwight_howard_block.jpg

A Dwight-Jefferson frontcourt would force teams to either play Jefferson straight up and get worked on the defensive end or double team Jefferson and take the pressure of Dwight so he can go to work. Also Al Jefferson dosen't have to be mismatched at the center position and can play people closer to his own size and have Dwight as a big time shot blocker in the paint for his help.

Also I believe Jefferson will benefit more from Patrick Ewing then Dwight could ever If you compare their games you can see Al could gain alot from him.

You're adding the best post moves in the Nba with the best post defense.

And when healthy both average 11+ rebs per game and are both great offensive rebounders. Plus Jefferson gets to switch to his natural position as a 4 and doesn't get guarded by bigger taller defenders and gets more comfortable defending people his size.

More then anything I think it's the learning experience for both. In practice Dwight would be able to watch what Jefferson does in the post and Jefferson would get a chance to learn from Dwight on the defensive end.

Yea and a major thing to consider here is the Mismatch that's gonna be caused on Dwight.

Because Al Jefferson is such a great offensive player you have to put your best post defender on him however that leaves your second best post defender on Dwight(Which many teams only have 1 post defender of maybe even none that are good on th defensive end), where he has the opportunity to completely dominate him because of his athleticism. People have a hard enough time dealing with Dwight in the paint now imagine if he's not even the biggest offensive threat in the paint on his team.

Would be great addition I think. The Magic have to learn to not rely so much on three pt shooting. Adding an inside scoring threat would work wonders. But the issue with Jefferson is always about his health. If the Magic are willing to gamble, I don't see Stan Van Gundy would struggle fitting him in the offense. He's one of the genius offensive minds in the L.

Funny you write about this because it's what I've been thinking too the past couple days. This would be huge for us because of the combination like you said, some of the best post offense and defense in the league.

Not sure how a trade could be worked out. Honestly I think Gortat would do well in Minny, he could start next to Kevin Love and contribute a nice 11/9/2 or something in that range. Gortat + Pietrus maybe? I'm not sure but I would love Al Jefferson on this team.

I was thinking about this yesterday, and while it would be a great combo, that is not where the Magic's weakness is. Considering that they'd most likely have to give up Carter (their only perimeter slasher/scorer who can create his own shot), another role player and maybe a future draft pick, it'd be a bad move. If they are going to trade Carter, they need an Arenas or Paul back.

Also, between Al and Dwight, they'd have a big blackhole in the post. Neither of them pass particularly well, and the Magic will always be at their best when the ball is moving and they are getting open 3's.