The OTR Skin

Real Deal

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. I was hoping he was the only one, and it was a fluke. :(

That's going to be a problem. I'll have to take a look at it tonight.

I've got the same problem as well. The scroll bars only show up when somebody puts a team rep though, in case that helps at all. If the person doesn't have a team rep icon it is fine.

• Owner

Another issue I noticed is all Team Icon images at the top seem too spaced out. Not sure if you did that on purpose or not.

If your resolution is 3072 x 2304, they will look that way. :lol: ;)

But yeah, I had them left-aligned, set width...but it was looking funny.

Man all you guys have some unusual resolutions haha. For me, the Kobe/Lebron renders are about an inch and a half from my profile box in the upper right hand corner of the board, so no problems about empty space here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Well, I replaced the main title bars for two reasons:

1) the OTRBASKETBALL09 text was moving into the background of the topic titles and category titles on smaller resolutions, making it impossible to read

2) team forums will be adjusted per team...and the text in the main title was red, which wouldn't look good with, say, the Celtics

In the end, it was making a decision: darkening the bars and then making around 25 or so to match all of the team colors (which would just be more to load), or going with the red/black as the main, then a black/dark gray for team forums.

Buttons will probably get a change as well.

In fact, the entire skin may change, design-wise...just not theme-wise (if that makes sense).

This is a very difficult skin for me to code/adjust. Just crazy. It's different from the old IPB, in multiple ways...so you may see me experimenting with it a bit.

• Owner

I'm going to push and do what I can to get back to what we had, guys. That skin was really nice, and most everyone liked it.

I'll do a fixed width, maybe change up a few things, and we'll have our 30 team forums and 90+ banners.

Looks good man.

Instead of all the team sections I wouldn't mind just having a few different skin selectors with different colors.

Edited by N4S

• Owner

I may do that anyways. You guys will be able to select your own board index skin, but I've gotta stick with our team forum skins because we're the only basketball site that really has fully-customized skins for each team.

I may do that anyways. You guys will be able to select your own board index skin, but I've gotta stick with our team forum skins because we're the only basketball site that really has fully-customized skins for each team.

Yeah I have always liked the custom team.