Knick Official: LeBron To Bulls 'Not Even Close' To Done Deal

Two of the fiercest competitors for LeBron James appear to be the Knicks and Bulls.

A team official with the Knicks who did not wish to be identified told The New York Times that James is still within New York's grasp.

"It’s not even close to being a done deal," the official said about a general manager's statement that he thought both James and Chris Bosh were certain to sign with the Bulls.

In the meantime, Donnie Walsh continues to insist that his free-agency plans do not revolve around any one player.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67532/20100628/knick_official_lebron_to_bulls_not_even_close_to_done_deal/

Yeah, because I am sure a Knicks executive would say anything else... :rolleyes:

That's not to say I believe James going to Chicago is a done deal, because I doubt he even knows where he's going yet. But what else would he say? "Yeah, we have no shot at the guy we've made almost every decision in the last 2 years to lure. It's Joe Johnson time!"