Paul George bandwagon is full.

xx.

Wow, everyone here absolutely loves this guy. Every post here is already saying this guy has so much potential he will be the next Trevor Ariza or Rudy Gay. Now lets be reality, I bet only 2-3 guys here actually even saw him play in college. He played at Fresno State, a team who basically never got any national coverage and they are in the WAC league. Oh and by the way George was only 2nd team all WAC. Everyone here loves the guy and thinks hes gonna be a star based on reports of potential and nothing else.

Edited by xx.

Wow, everyone here absolutely loves this guy. Every post here is already saying this guy has so much potential he will be the next Trevor Ariza or Rudy Gay. Now lets be reality, I bet only 2-3 guys here actually even saw him play in college. He played at Fresno State, a team who basically never got any national coverage and they are in the WAC league. Oh and by the way George was only 2nd team all WAC. Everyone here loves the guy and thinks hes gonna be a star based on reports of potential and nothing else.

He's a great player, just not as great as everyone makes him out to be.

Still has a ton of work to do though, it's not like he has any chance at making an impact for at least 2 years in Indy.

In 2-3 years, I doubt anyone will still be sucking his [expletive]. Just because he's got some potential, doesn't make him the next this, or the next that.

Speak for yourself. I've seen 3 or 4 of his games in college, watched lots of footage from him, and watched all of his combine coverage and workouts. Another huge thing in a guy's development in my mind is attitude, and he's a down to earth guy willing to work. That's clear if you watch him speak about basketball.

Considering he has had weak coaching in his whole career, he still isn't even close to his potential, AND he's a lengthy, freak athlete that's only 20. Not much more to prove he has a lot of potential.

Well I did say 2-3 people and I had you in mind as one of the few that have watched him because you are from the west coast and would get Fresno State games around there.

Everyone keeps saying not even close to his potential, how do we know that, that's not something anyone can prove especially with your explanation and from what I heard Fresno State and their coaching staff with Cleveland is actually the best in the WAC conference, so weak coaching, not really.

Well I did say 2-3 people and I had you in mind as one of the few that have watched him because you are from the west coast and would get Fresno State games around there.

Everyone keeps saying not even close to his potential, how do we know that, that's not something anyone can prove especially with your explanation and from what I heard Fresno State and their coaching staff with Cleveland is actually the best in the WAC conference, so weak coaching, not really.

By weak, I don't mean they have some half [expletive] high school coach at FS, but he's really not like JT3 (why he declined a Georgetown offer, idk).

I say that he's not close to his potential because he hasn't had enough competition to become a smart player. He doesn't know how to read and react from what I've seen, since he can burn most guys he's gone against in college one on one. There's lots of stuff he'll mature into. Right now, he's an average defender at best on ball. His body is perfect to be a Trevor Ariza type guy, but he's got more to improve on defense than offense really because he's not where he can be, not by a mile. Right now he's like an athletic Stojakavic to me, he challenges but doesn't really alter much.

He has great shooting touch when open, but he'll need to improve getting shots off over people. He shot 91% from the line, after a sub-.700 FT freshman year, which tells me two things. One, he's a great shooter when open (which other things prove, this backs it up. look at his combine stats, I believe he had somewhere in the region of 5th overall for most of the mid and long range shooting events), and two, he can improve something he focuses on very well. Take David Lee for example, he added a mid range game (huge improvement) and imrproved his defense a little, all in one offseason. If George can add a thing or two a year while improving everything else at a solid rate (which is a lot to ask to improve everything, but something that 15 or 20 rookies seem to be able to do every year) he should be a very good player in say 3 to 5 years. By very good, I mean at worst a Trevor Ariza type player, and at best, who knows.

Overhyped like John Wall, but still a good player.

What makes you say John Wall is overhyped? He hasn't stepped on the court yet, therefore has not had the opportunity to fulfill his expectations. You can't already say he's overhyped just because he IS hyped...