What are the chances...

What are the chances that the Celts acquire LeBron James? Believe it or not, my dad has been calling this since the start of this offseason and now that Pierce has opted out, the Celts open about $21.5 million worth of cap space. I still don't think the Celts have the pieces to convince LeBron to play for them, but you never know with Boston they are always working some sort of magic.

Edited by Confidence

Anything is possible. Celtics are also a very historic team; with that kind of cap being opened it could happen. Rondo is the best PG, Perk is also rock solid (if his injury doesn't affect his play next year). It would have to be LeBron's call. But very interesting yes... I just don't see why Doc would be stepping out if he knew LeBron talk was underway.

Slim to none unless we convince Both Pierce and Allen to re-sign for the Vet Minimum this year w/a promise for a large deal the next year. Basically that 21M is still on the books until A.) we re-sign him or B.) we renounce our rights to him. So probably not, at best our chances would be at a 2nd Tier FA.

Not a chance considering Garnett is declining and Perk's season/career is in question. They really dont have much to work with in Boston especially with Sheed gone, they dont have much of a bench or any plans for their coaching staff.

I could see Joe Johnson excepting a good contract for Boston but thats about it.

Just got word that Rivers is more than likely retiring.

If Ray Ray is gone, and Rivers is out...I have this gut feeling Pierce strongly considers going to the Clips.

I don't like Pierce at all, and the one thing I want is for him to not go back to Boston.

If the Celtics land LBJ though, I go from Celtics finals bandwagoner, to Celtics hater.

Although, I think LBJ would rather play alongside the likes of Wade or Bosh, then the old [expletive] Celts.