Dirk re-signs with a 4 year deal

Guest STL10

Guest STL10

Link

I just got off the phone with Mavs GM Donnie Nelson to ask him what the hell Dirk Nowitzki is doing in New York tonight instead of being in Dallas, where he will arrive on Friday to get to the business of signing his new four-year deal with the Mavs--Mike Fisher ESPN 103.3 Radio

Edited by STL10

oh ok i was wandering what dirk was thinking leaving that team. I mean they have a great starting line imo i just think the mavs dont have a bench at all.

I don't think this means he's going to sign a 4 yr deal, I just think it means the GM is planning to offer and thinks he will accept the 4 yr deal. BTW that guy has the same name as me :angry: .

Dirk never resigned with the Mavs.

It’s not yet time for Mavericks fans to breathe easy, but the negotiation to lock up Dirk Nowitzki for another four years began this morning.

Mavs’ president Donnie Nelson and Holger Geschwindner, the longtime friend/coach/consultant to Nowitzki, had an hour-long meeting at Southside near downtown. The pair were seen walking into the Southside complex at mid-morning.

No deal is done, Nelson stressed when reached after the meeting.

“This is a negotiation,’’ he said. “We’re going to meet again tomorrow [saturday]. This was a productive meeting and we’re looking forward to getting something done. Everything is going according to form.’’

Nowitzki was not at the meeting. Neither was owner Mark Cuban. But both could be involved in Saturday’s meeting.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070310dnspomavsdirkback.fddff967.html