Source says Chris Paul wants out

I got a feeling that if this is true, Cleveland is going to make a major push to try and acquire him. Bringing in a competent coach and a superstar point guard could be enticing for LeBron to resign with the Cavs.

• Owner

I got a feeling that if this is true, Cleveland is going to make a major push to try and acquire him. Bringing in a competent coach and a superstar point guard could be enticing for LeBron to resign with the Cavs.

Yeah, especially after how Mo Williams has performed in the playoffs.

I wonder how much he (Paul) actually likes Byron Scott?

• Owner

Question is, what do they want for him, and what could the Cavs possibly give them? How bout they trade Big Z then sign him back again. :lol:

Cleveland could offer Hickson, Williams and West's expiring contract.

But I'm guessing the Hornets want a team to take on Okafor's deal also, so the Cavs would need to throw in Jamison. While Antawn is signed for two more years and big money, Okafor is 4-5 years and big money.

But in all seriousness, lets trade Odom + fillers for CP3. ;)

In all seriousness, that filler would be Drew, and we would have to take on Emeka's contract.

I definitely, definitely don't have a problem with that, but most will...and it won't happen.

maybe heat could make a serious run?

trade beasley and mario (i guess) for cp and emka(assuming hornets are wanting to get rid of him)

Paul

Wade

Richardson

-whoever

Okafor

idk if thats better than say if they got bosh or amare

Edited by MoeRoadKill

Portland has to best offer and NOH almost accepted. should be soon when we see the deal go down

Last week Chris Paul trade talk hit a frenzy before the Hornets went public and stated they had no intention of trading Paul. This week a league source told me that the Blazers actually made some progress toward landing Paul.According to the source, the Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would’ve sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orelans for Paul and Emeka Okafor before Hornets GM Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal claiming that their owner wasn’t ready to trade Paul

If the Hornets got Andre Miller I'd be really happy, along with Batum and Bayless? Very very happy.

• Owner

If the Hornets got Andre Miller I'd be really happy, along with Batum and Bayless? Very very happy.

You would be happy dealing CP3 for those guys? I think those three are good players, but Chris Paul is a great player.

Plus, teaming Paul up with Roy, Aldridge and Oden makes me sick to my stomach. Portland would be a potential 60-win team with everyone healthy.

You would be happy dealing CP3 for those guys? I think those three are good players, but Chris Paul is a great player.

Plus, teaming Paul up with Roy, Aldridge and Oden makes me sick to my stomach. Portland would be a potential 60-win team with everyone healthy.

Better than Paul leaving via FA in two years or even worse, him DEMANDING a trade which I'm sure will happen.

I wonder how much he (Paul) actually likes Byron Scott?

Wasn't Paul pretty upset after the Hornets fired Scott? For some reason I always got the impression that he was really fond of Scott and like him a lot.

"I'm definitely proud coach Scott got that job out in Cleveland,'' Hornets star Chris Paul said at his charity golf tournament in New Orleans. "I probably was one of the first people to call him and congratulate him - woke him up. I'm really excited for him because coach is family to me, and everybody knows that.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/wires/07/02/2030.ap.bkn.cavaliers.scott.1st.ld.writethru.0949/#ixzz0sZ1uxYIy

I felt like, maybe somebody would have at least consulted with me and asked how I felt before it happened," Paul told the paper. "It's not to get my approval, but we feel we should know about the decision before it takes place."

Paul is ready to play for the fella who formally only wore the hat of general manager for the Hornets, Jeff Bower, but he'll miss the "open line of communication" he had with Scott.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Chris-Paul-wanted-to-be-consulted-on-Byron-Scott?urn=nba,202335

I also seem to remember that at the time of his (Scott) firing there were reports of it being because of a mini feud with Paul.

Based on my limited knowledge of the situation, I always thought that Paul and Scott had a great relationship with each other. Paul really gre under him as a player and they seemed to work really well together. I have always thought that Scott was a great point guard coach and seemed to always get a lot out of his guards. I don't think that Paul would have any problem playing with Scott again, but again, it is not like I have a lot of knowledge on their relationship.

• Owner

Better than Paul leaving via FA in two years or even worse, him DEMANDING a trade which I'm sure will happen.

That's fine, but you don't think you can get more than just Miller and Batum (basically it)? I would put him on the block after this upcoming season, when he's fully healthy, and right before the draft (to get a high pick and players).

I also seem to remember that at the time of his (Scott) firing there were reports of it being because of a mini feud with Paul.

Yes...that's what I heard, and I also read that Paul was upset about the firing. Conflicting reports. You know as much as I do on the subject (and more).

There were better offers on the table, if they were true. I've heard Mayo+Gay from the Grizzlies and Favors+Harris from the Nets, both of which would be GREAT deals for the Hornets. When Paul requests a trade (I'm using it will be this year since the Hornets will most likely struggle) his value will go down and we'd be lucky to get a pick off of him.