(Trade Offer) CP3 to the Bucks

Jenneral and I were having a discussion on AIM about this, what would you guys think of this deal for the Bucks?

Ersan, Redd, and Jennings to the Hornets for Oakfor, and Chris Paul?

The Bucks lineup would consist of this:

PG: Chris Paul

SG: John Salmons/CDR

SF: Corey Maggette/Carlos Delfino

PF: Emeka Oakfor/Luc Richard/Larry Sanders

C: Andrew Bogut/Drew Gooden

Would this be a good deal for Milwaukee? I think so, but Jenneral doesn't. I think with a Chris Paul type addition, that the Bucks could be contenders in the east. Jennings is going to be a good player, no doubt about that, but Chris Paul would bring the team to a whole new level. I think the Hornets would do this because they would save a ton of cap space (Redd is an expiring) and Jennings can replace Paul at PG, with Ersan being a very young PF for them.

Thoughts?

Paul is one of those PGs that is loved by other players because he can create so many opportunities. I don't think this trade will make the team record look that much different to last year, however. The lack of a consistent perimeter shooter concerns me. Also, Okafor and Bogut are too similar and they would be better off starting Gooden and benching Okafor.

I reckon the Hornets will get better with this trade if Redd is healthy, however.

I would hate this deal for so many reasons (if it could even be done financially).

1) Why trade for Okafor? Gooden is a PF not a C. We just gave him a five year deal. We're not paying someone $32 M to sit behind Bogut.

2) Sure, CP3 is better than Jennings now but will he always be? Paul is five years older than Jennings so who's to say Jennings can't achieve the same success he has? Jennings and Bogut are the future of the Milwaukee Bucks. I think Jennings staying in Milwaukee long-term is much more likely than CP3 staying here past his current deal.

3) I think we're already contenders in the East. With Jennings/Salmons/Maggette/Gooden/Bogut I don't really think the addition of Okafor and Paul will make us that much better. We've already improved over last year's team - a team that went 22-8 after the deadline deal that brought in Salmons.

With this current team there's no need for a guard like Paul. Jennings will do just fine and will be here long-term. Why continue screwing with team chemistry, something that was so important to this team last year? We've already done enough of that by bringing in Maggette, CDR, and Gooden.

lol @ Janneral the teams cap space is [expletive]ed for the next 5 years anyway why not take Okafor, and Jennings will likely never be as good as CP3 and still can possibly be a bust!

I wasn't referring to our current cap situation as I'm aware it's not messed up for the next five years. I meant if a deal of Jennings/Redd/Ilyasova for CP3/Okafor would actually work. You can't just randomly do trades... the salaries have to match. I didn't bother checking which is why I said that.

1) Why trade for Okafor? Gooden is a PF not a C. We just gave him a five year deal. We're not paying someone $32 M to sit behind Bogut.

The Hornets would only do this trade if they can get rid of Okafor's contract. Otherwise there would be no point in trading CP3. They want to get rid of the salary they have, which is where Redd comes in as well.

2) Sure, CP3 is better than Jennings now but will he always be? Paul is five years older than Jennings so who's to say Jennings can't achieve the same success he has? Jennings and Bogut are the future of the Milwaukee Bucks. I think Jennings staying in Milwaukee long-term is much more likely than CP3 staying here past his current deal.

Chris Paul is 25 years old. He has at least 4-5 years until he is out of his prime years. He averaged 18.7 PPG, 10.7 APG, and 4.2 RPG last season, along with 40% from the 3 PT line, Paul's career line is: 19.3/4.7/10 with 47.3% FG, and 35.3% from the 3 PT line do you really think Jennings will be better then that?

3) I think we're already contenders in the East. With Jennings/Salmons/Maggette/Gooden/Bogut I don't really think the addition of Okafor and Paul will make us that much better. We've already improved over last year's team - a team that went 22-8 after the deadline deal that brought in Salmons.

So your saying that adding a guy who is one of the Top 10 players in the league won't make the team better? That's retarded. The Bucks would go from a potential 50 win team, to at LEAST a 55 win team if not higher. Adding one of the best PG in the league's will make you better. It's easily the most important pos. in the NBA. Paul can do everything, something Jennings can't do.

Sure, CP3 is better than Jennings now but will he always be?

Yes...much muchhhhh better.

Paul had a DOWN year last season due to injury and still averaged 19PPG/11APG/4RPG/2SPG and shot 49% from the field, 41% from 3 and 85% from the FT line. Take a look at the major difference in numbers for Chandler and West pre and post-Paul. He was 2nd in MVP voting in 2008 and led the Hornets to one game away from the WCF with very little help.

If the Bucks ever had the oppertunity to get Paul, they would pull the trigger in a second.

I wasn't referring to our current cap situation as I'm aware it's not messed up for the next five years. I meant if a deal of Jennings/Redd/Ilyasova for CP3/Okafor would actually work. You can't just randomly do trades... the salaries have to match. I didn't bother checking which is why I said that.

I just checked it, and the deal worked.