Quarter-Finals: Argentina 0 Germany 4

Cobb

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://img.fifa.com/imgml/worldcup/teams/header/arg.jpg

http://www.fifa.com/imgml/worldcup/teams/focuson/arg.jpg

vs.

http://img.fifa.com/imgml/worldcup/teams/header/ger.jpg

http://www.fifa.com/imgml/worldcup/teams/focuson/ger.jpg

TV: ABC, ESPN 3D, MobileTV

Edited by Cobb

As long as Argentina doesn't lose their cool like Brazil did... they should be fine.

This is similar to Brazil - Netherlands game btw, Argentina = Brazil and Germany = Netherlands. Germany is less skilled and slower than Argentina.

I do think Argentina have better D than Brazil. Germany certainly won't have cracks and operating space they got in England game.

Pred: 3-1 Argentina with Messi finally scoring :)

As long as Argentina doesn't lose their cool like Brazil did... they should be fine.

This is similar to Brazil - Netherlands game btw, Argentina = Brazil and Germany = Netherlands. Germany is less skilled and slower than Argentina.

I do think Argentina have better D than Brazil. Germany certainly won't have cracks and operating space they got in England game.

Pred: 3-1 Argentina with Messi finally scoring :)

Nah not at all, Argentina/Brazil have different playing style, as do Germany/Netherlands, Germany is lesser skilled? lolwut? They play beautiful football, and their youngsters have looked good, Mesut Ozil has emerged as a star. Germany also has better defense than Argentina, and a better goalkeeper. Should be interesting though.

If anything its the other way around, Netherlands plays like Argentina

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Nah not at all, Argentina/Brazil have different playing style, as do Germany/Netherlands, Germany is lesser skilled? lolwut? They play beautiful football, and their youngsters have looked good, Mesut Ozil has emerged as a star. Germany also has better defense than Argentina, and a better goalkeeper. Should be interesting though.

If anything its the other way around, Netherlands plays like Argentina

Argentina is more star-studded... Milito doesn't even come off bench in some games and it's not like he's in Maradona's doghouse.

In comparison, Klose and Podolski have struggled with their respective teams outside World Cup. Ozil is emerging though I agree. Lam is no longer the defender he was 4 years ago, although he's still pretty good. Germany just gives me the impression they're just past their prime... but they can still compete at a high level. What made them look impressive was England's defensive breakdowns in large part... Klose breaking out and getting through 2 defenders for his first goal, that would not happen had it been Argentina defending. And if Lampard goal had been counted, which should definitely have been, it would be 4-2, less impressive sounding than 4-1.

Argentina is more star-studded... Milito doesn't even come off bench in some games and it's not like he's in Maradona's doghouse.

In comparison, Klose and Podolski have struggled with their respective teams outside World Cup. Ozil is emerging though I agree. Lam is no longer the defender he was 4 years ago, although he's still pretty good. Germany just gives me the impression they're just past their prime... but they can still compete at a high level. What made them look impressive was England's defensive breakdowns in large part... Klose breaking out and getting through 2 defenders for his first goal, that would not happen had it been Argentina defending. And if Lampard goal had been counted, which should definitely have been, it would be 4-2, less impressive sounding than 4-1.

Well if you wanna do that then my turn.

Argentina won because 1st goal vs Tevez was offside, 2nd goal was a defensive mistake which wont happen oftenly and 3rd goal was because the goalkeeper was 5'7

^No if you take a look at Klose's first goal... he shouldn't have gone through like that. Yes, he's skilled but the defender was in front of him... and he could have just kicked it to the side or just not letting Klose go through like that. He slowed down and fell asleep for 1-2 secs and Klose took advantage by going at the ball hard.

I don't remember who the defender was but if it was replayed all over again, I'm sure he wouldn't have let Klose get through him, it was a blunder. Was it Heskey? I remember he was black and big... definitely bigger than Klose. He could easily have blocked off Klose but he fell asleep.

^No if you take a look at Klose's first goal... he shouldn't have gone through like that. Yes, he's skilled but the defender was in front of him... and he could have just kicked it to the side or just not letting Klose go through like that. He slowed down and fell asleep for 1-2 secs and Klose took advantage by going at the ball hard.

I don't remember who the defender was but if it was replayed all over again, I'm sure he wouldn't have let Klose get through him, it was a blunder. Was it Heskey? I remember he was black and big... definitely bigger than Klose. He could easily have blocked off Klose but he fell asleep.

Heskey is a striker not a defender.

Yugo is right, sorry Snake. I'm not going to go off previous games, Argentina has played better but this a pretty even match up. I give the edge to Argentina because Messi is the best player in the world but I compare this match up to like a Portugal - Spain kinda match up, not that much of a differential but the same cores Argentina will probably need a big game from Messi, just like Portugal needed and didn't get from Ronaldo, if they are to beat Germany, but I think Messi will come through.

Defender was probably Glen Johnson...

Edited by Fish7718

^Yeah I got my team Argentina for sure... besides Netherlands they've consistently made me some $$$. Not biased, but without betting, I do think Argentina are gonna win. Who you got?

Yugo be ready for our death match... :D

I'll be rooting for them as well. It should be a tight match though.

Germany looked dominant. So good on the counter attack, and they finally took advantage on the so called weak strength of Argentina on the back-end.

The future is here with Mesut Oezil and Mueller. They are absolutely sick, and they work the advantage in the middle so well. Schweinsteiger played brilliant today as well. I dislike Argentina and Maradona, so to see a thumping like 4-0 is delightful to see.