Potential trade has Luol Deng headed to Portland

Sources say that Chicago has a proposed trade of Luol Deng looming for what’s described as a “serviceable center,” that could help to clear more space. The Bulls could also ship young forward James Johnson to get more room. Yahoo! Sports

beastleyBLVD

There's a potential trade in the works. Chicago's sending Luol Deng to Portland for Jerryd Bayless and Joel Przybilla.

-twitter

That is a STEAL for Chicago.

I actually love this trade for the Blazers, they need to add another scorer to that roster. What does this mean for Batum though? I'm assuming they would probably shop him for a backup pg. Deng would make for one hell of a third option on that team.

PG- Andre Miller

SG- Brandon Roy

SF- Luol Deng

PF- Lamarcus Aldridge

C- Greg Oden

That lineup is absolutely stacked.

• Owner

Wow, good deal for the Bulls. Bayless will be an excellent backup to Rose...could even play him at the two. Przybilla actually plays like a big man, so that's also good for Chicago.

Deng needs a new home. Portland may be good for him, but I'm wondering...he'll be coming off the bench, right? Because I know Batum is some superstar to the Blazers' front office...

Wow, good deal for the Bulls. Bayless will be an excellent backup to Rose...could even play him at the two. Przybilla actually plays like a big man, so that's also good for Chicago.

I don't think that either of these two would be on the Bulls roster come opening day, at least certainly not Bayless. I can see both of them being involved in a S&T package to lure Bosh to Chicago (LeBron and Wade also if the Cavs and Heat are willing to workout a S&T) or I could see Pryzbilla being a replacement for Noah if Noah is being flipped to another team in a S&T. I know that the Bulls have said he is untouchable, but I think they may change their stance on that if it gives them an opportunity to land all 3 of Bosh, Wade and James.

Hypothetically though, lets say that Wade tells the Bulls that he will sign outright with them because he isn't worried about leaving the extra $30M on the table because he thinks he can make it up in endorsments or something like that, but he will only sign if the Bulls sign Bosh as well. Bosh then tells them that the $30M is a dealbreaker and he insists on a S&T because he knows he won't get the same endorsements that Wade or James would. The Bulls call up the Raptors and say that they want Bosh in a S&T deal and Colangelo insists that they only way a deal can be done is if the Bulls offer up Noah. The Bulls reluctantly agree to this and then trade Noah to the Raptors as part of the S&T for Bosh and then since the Bulls now have a hole at the 5, they move Deng to Portland and insert Pryzbilla into the starting center spot and he will play the defensive stopper, rebounder and shot blocker role while Rose, Wade and Bosh handle the scoring.

Figure out a way to add James into this wacky hypothetical scenario of mine yourself though, because the only idea of mine is completely far-fetched (even more so than this one outlined above :lol:) and includes Derrick Rose being traded to Toronto (Jack being sent to Chicago) so that they can give both Wade and James max contracts without having to make any other moves. Safe to say that probably won't happen (this entire scenario is pretty unrealistic in the first place though, haha).

Anyways, I'm getting a bit off topic and cracking up crazy theories here, so I'll stop before getting completely crazy (if I haven't already got to that point). I don't even actually believe that this kind of scenario would play out myself, haha.

I do think that Bayless is involved in this deal with the intention of the Bulls flipping him in a S&T though. That part I actually believe.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

LOL.

You're crazy, dude. My best idea for us all is the Bulls trading Rose to the Lakers. ;)

On a serious note, getting rid of Deng's contract would open the flood gates up. If that means dealing for Bayless and Przybilla, then, trading for picks, that's understandable. We all know the Bulls are ready and willing to unload players for cap space.

As far as trading Noah goes, I have this hunch that he really is untouchable, yet he would go in an instant if it meant bringing in LeBron or Wade...but not Bosh. Can that tie in with CB4? Most definitely, because the Bulls may only get Wade by getting Bosh in on the deal (as you said).

Confusing, yes...but the next 2-3 days will probably be even crazier. :lol: