Mavs and Paul a potential match?

Guest STL10

Guest STL10

“It's tough to see it (Paul ending up in Houston) working, for same reason it's tough to see Portland scenario -- how do they end up taking enough money off New Orleans's plate to make it worth it to them? have to be either way under cap or have a massive nonguaranteed contract. I tell you who could pull it off though -- Dallas.”--John Hollinger

FULL STORY

Possible CP3 trade layout...

Caron Butler, Roddy Beaubois, Erick Dampier, JJ Barea, ca$h and 2 future 1st round picks for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor.

Did the math...Due to Dallas and New Orleans being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and New Orleans had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

TRADE MATH

It works and NOH would be the ones benefiting from this trade. They get a lot of pieces that can complement Collison and West. Why the Mavs would do this, however, is unclear considering they already have a pass-first PG in Jason Kidd and Okafor isn't that big of an upgrade over Dampier.

Guest STL10

It works and NOH would be the ones benefiting from this trade. They get a lot of pieces that can complement Collison and West. Why the Mavs would do this, however, is unclear considering they already have a pass-first PG in Jason Kidd and Okafor isn't that big of an upgrade over Dampier.

Jason Kidd has stated recently his desire to be a 6th man.

Top 5 player. :lol: .

He's not even the best PG in the league, and is definitely not a top 5 player. :lol: .

He is a top 5 player definitely, kind of funny that people think Deron is better all of a sudden, reminds me exactly when everyone forgot how amazing Wade was a few years ago when he missed almost the entire year.

Guest STL10

He is a top 5 player definitely, kind of funny that people think Deron is better all of a sudden, reminds me exactly when everyone forgot how amazing Wade was a few years ago when he missed almost the entire year.

Yeah injuries fool everyone. I remember when people forgot how good Amar'e was.

Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Wade, and Durant are all better players than CP3, and that's just five players off the top of my head. Of course, you'll try and say that Melo sucks at defense, and Durant had one good season, but there's very few GM''s that wouldn't take them over CP3, and those GM's would be fired.

Deron Williams is and always has been far superior to CP3.

The CP3 hype is outrageous considering he is pretty much just like Rondo, except Paul has a little better jumper, and that's all. Rondo is a better defender, passer, and rebounded, And, I'm not saying Rondo is the best, but the CP3 hype is unwarranted.

He's not on Deron's level.

Guest STL10

Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Wade, and Durant are all better players than CP3, and that's just five players off the top of my head. Of course, you'll try and say that Melo sucks at defense, and Durant had one good season, but there's very few GM''s that wouldn't take them over CP3, and those GM's would be fired.

Deron Williams is and always has been far superior to CP3.

The CP3 hype is outrageous considering he is pretty much just like Rondo, except Paul has a little better jumper, and that's all. Rondo is a better defender, passer, and rebounded, And, I'm not saying Rondo is the best, but the CP3 hype is unwarranted.

He's not on Deron's level.

What about Rondo's free throw shooting? CP3's sick mid-range game?

Lol at putting Rondo and Cp3 in the same breathe.

Chris Paul's 3rd NBA season is better than any season Deron has ever had up to this point, his averages of 21-11.6, on close to 50% while getting damn near 3 steals a game, with a mere 2.5 turnovers made him the MVP of that season, excuse me Kobe but CP3 was most definitely the MVP this season, the only reason Kobe got it was because he was an MVP virgin, these aren't just hollow stats either, 56 wins with a pretty mediocre supporting cast, he single handedly turned Davis West (who??) into an all-star.

His 4th year he damn well might have trumped his 3rd statistically, 22.8-11 with near 3 steals once again, again people took note of this and he was definetely a superstar in everyone's mind, and once again with (imo) an inferior supporting cast consisting of mostly mediocre shooters and a decent pick and pop big man in West, the Hornets won MORE than the Jazz.

Now his 5th year, he goes down with an injury, his teammates have invisibility cloaks on most games, kind of crazy that 18.7-10.7 can be called a bad year for Chris Paul.

Call me a statboy if you want, but the stats don't lie, Chris Paul is more efficient than Deron Williams, definitely as good defensively (Deron is horribly overrated defensively by some, he is an average defender)... each year the Hornets have won more games and Chris Paul has been the superior player... Deron is a great player, maybe even a top 10 player, but when healthy Chris Paul is one of the most dominant superstars in the league, on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. Deron isn't better than Chris Paul in any aspect of the game despite popular belief he is a better shooter, he really isn't.

Edited by travesy3

Lol at putting Rondo and Cp3 in the same breathe.

Chris Paul's 3rd NBA season is better than any season Deron has ever had up to this point, his averages of 21-11.6, on close to 50% while getting damn near 3 steals a game, with a mere 2.5 turnovers made him the MVP of that season, excuse me Kobe but CP3 was most definitely the MVP this season, the only reason Kobe got it was because he was an MVP virgin, these aren't just hollow stats either, 56 wins with a pretty mediocre supporting cast, he single handedly turned Davis West (who??) into an all-star.

His 4th year he damn well might have trumped his 3rd statistically, 22.8-11 with near 3 steals once again, again people took note of this and he was definetely a superstar in everyone's mind, and once again with (imo) an inferior supporting cast consisting of mostly mediocre shooters and a decent pick and pop big man in West, the Hornets won MORE than the Jazz.

Now his 5th year, he goes down with an injury, his teammates have invisibility cloaks on most games, kind of crazy that 18.7-10.7 can be called a bad year for Chris Paul.

Call me a statboy if you want, but the stats don't lie, Chris Paul is more efficient than Deron Williams, definitely as good defensively (Deron is horribly overrated defensively by some, he is an average defender)... each year the Hornets have won more games and Chris Paul has been the superior player... Deron is a great player, maybe even a top 10 player, but when healthy Chris Paul is one of the most dominant superstars in the league, on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. Deron isn't better than Chris Paul in any aspect of the game despite popular belief he is a better shooter, he really isn't.

Steals are a pretty bogus stat, and Rondo gets his fair share of steals, but at least he plays great defens. The only good thing about Pauls defensive game is his steals.

Not to mention that Deron makes him look bad in head-to-head match-ups.

So, which of Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Melo, and Durant aren't better than CP3? The answer is zero even though you will try and argue Melo can't play defense and that Durant needs to prove himself.

Durant doesn't need to prove anything, even if he was a finished product (which he isn't) he would be in the same breathe because he is an all-league first teamer and will be from here on out probably... the jury is still out on Melo (for me at least), I still don't think he is a complete player with a majorly winning mentality, maybe it is just me but I see a lot of Vince Carter in him, he has come a long way in the past couple of years, but it hasn't translated into post-season success despite their good regular season records....

All this [expletive] is irrelevant, when someone says top 5 it isn't meant to be taken literally, of course LBJ and Wade are better, probably Kobe too, but the fact that Durant, Melo, CP3 are all in the discussion basically makes them all top 5 players (despite the fact there are 6 of them omgz). I just think it is criminal how quickly people are forgetting how amazing Paul is, this time next year this won't even be a discussion if he plays a fully healthy year.

But for the sake of the discussion, Chris Paul is definitely better than Durant, and better than Carmelo, Durant is still really one dimensional offensively and got exposed in the Lakers series (step back after step back) and while Melo is great offensively, maybe the most dangerous offensive repertoire in the game, he still isn't as dominant as Chris Paul, it is hard to compare a PG to a forward but I just definitely think CP3 is better, whether it be statistically or the win column, he checks out in both.