Duhon Agrees To Four-Year, $15M Deal With Orlando

Cobb

I personally dig the signing. We got a pass first PG who can rack up assists, doesn't turn the ball over a lot, can shoot the 3. I am expecting him to fit well, don't know why people are so down on him.

Are you just looking at stats or have you ever seen him play before? You completely forgot the other side of the ball in which his defense is god awful.

I take it that Knicks fans don't like this guy. lol

Nah most of us like him, because he's a nice guy, but he's a terrible player and is in a no way even close to a starter or 6th or 7th man position. He'd be an alirhgt 10-12 mpg guy i guess anything more your expecting way too much. For 15 mill I want a 20-25 mpg guy.

Edited by Fish7718

Are you just looking at stats or have you ever seen him play before? You completely forgot the other side of the ball in which his defense is god awful.

Yeah, only seen him play a handful of times. But that don't even matter. God awful defense? One of the things I've been reading about him is that his D is one of his strong points.

Well anyway I think this deal will pan out just like when we signed Pietrus. Before he came to the Magic he had a rep for being a really low IQ player and Warriors fans didn't care for him. Then he ended up being a solid player for us. I think the same thing will happen with Duhon.

Yeah, only seen him play a handful of times. But that don't even matter. God awful defense? One of the things I've been reading about him is that his D is one of his strong points.

Well anyway I think this deal will pan out just like when we signed Pietrus. Before he came to the Magic he had a rep for being a really low IQ player and Warriors fans didn't care for him. Then he ended up being a solid player for us. I think the same thing will happen with Duhon.

That tells you everything you need to know right there :lol:

That tells you everything you need to know right there :lol:

lol, well here's something Otis said:

Smith said defense was what he liked most about Duhon two years ago, then he added that Duhon’s defense has slid a little in the last couple of years. Smith attributed that to playing in Mike D’Antoni’s system.

So I can understand that. We're a good defensive team though so I'm sure Duhon will be better.

Lol @ you thinking Duhon is better than those options. You realize in a a shoot first offense he was only able to average 7 apg in 36 mins per night. Let me put it to you this way, HES NOT A GOOD PASSER, HE JUST PASSES, or chucks 3's.

Where did I say anything about assists? Where did I say anything about him being a good passer? Who said anything about him playing 36 minutes? I have to say, you have me confused. Not because I don't understand what you're saying, I get it, you don't like Chris Duhon for some reason, but I don't understand why specifically you're saying it. Did you just feel like posting something so you wrote the first thing that came to your head? Because nothing you wrote had anything to do with what you quoted me for. And who says 'lol @ you' anymore? Your attempts at being condescending are frankly a little embarassing since I now have to reply to them.

I'll make it simple for you. I said he's good with the pick and roll. David Lee and Chris Duhon actually rated as quite an efficient pick and roll tandem. Sports journalists all around agree with me: "What the team is left with is Chris Duhon, a player whose pick-and-roll ability is right on top of the league in terms of efficiency" - that was from SNY.tv and there are a host of others. I feel like I'm a reliable poster, but if you'd like a link to where that's from, I'll gladly give you one. Also, google "Chris Duhon - Pick and Roll efficiency" and you'll have a whole number of articles to sift through about Duhon's efficiency. You wont do it, but it's a suggestion, at least. Adjusting from giving the ball to David Lee to giving it to Dwight Howard in pick and roll situations shouldn't be a difficult task, either.

For four seasons now Orlando has been built around pick and roll offenses and players chucking threes. That's our bail out plan. In Orlando, if you're shot isn't falling, keep throwing up threes. You may not like it in New York (but who are you to talk when you've lost 50+ games for 9 straight seasons), but in Orlando, we like our players to shoot threes and to shoot lots of them. The skill and efficiency of our three point shooter (to which Duhon will not be a part of given his .362 three point percentage) is the backbone which helps us win games.

You can badmouth Duhon all you like, but Duhon is actually going to be an important player to us next season. You can mark those word if you like.

I don't think it's the worst signing ever but year he is over paid. Commiting 15 million dollars to Duhon is a joke over any amount of years besides maybe 15.

Didn't New York just pay a 100 million for Amar'e Stoudemire for 5 years? And you have the nerve to criticise a four year, 15 million dollar deal? Sigh, where do you idiots breed?

Edited by AtTheDriveIn
  • Like 1