Wade and Bosh to sign with Miami

fish7718

Our scrubs will look like gods if we have Bosh, Wade, and Lebron. Chalmers would be in heaven, all he has to do is walk the ball up the court and hope no one steals it from him, if it goes well, its basically an assist. We still have three rookies that IMO have a lot of talent, so we aren't completely empty on the bench.

PLUS! They just said on the interview, both of them don't care about the money, its about winning, so they might not both take the max.

Edited by SRV

The first guy signing his minimum deal IMO if we get Bron is gonna be Q. He's gonna play with his best friend in Wade and then a legit chance as a contender with those big 3.

God [expletive]ing damnit, couldnt get a S&T. [expletive] you Miami and [expletive] you bosh.

There is still the possibility of a sign-and-trade as Bosh can't officially sign anything until tomorrow. I can see Colangelo scrambling and trying to get the Raptors protected pick back or something like that. I still think that Bosh will push for that extra $30M and the Raptors/Heat will agree to a S&T. I think a reason why they (Bosh, Thomas, Heat) went public with this announcement today is to basically tell Colangelo that if he wants a S&T he has a day to agree to what the Heat are offering. Thomas and Bosh are going to push for the S&T because it is more money in their pockets. Thomas is going to do everything in his power for that S&T because he would get something like $2.5M more for himself.

The S&T isn't the dealbreaker that I originally thought, but I still think it is a huge priority for both Thomas and Bosh.

Even if he doesn't get a S&T for him, I'm really not too concerned about it. It would be nice to have a large TPE to work with, but with Colangelo's track record when he has money to spend, that could turn out to be a hinderance instead of a help. I would prefer if the Raptors could've got a TPE and some picks out of this, but at least way we know that Colangelo can't make some short sighted signing to try and compensate for losing Bosh. I have absolutely no faith in Colangelo when there is a lot of money involved.

As for Bosh going to Miami, I pretty much expected it all along. I was holding out hope for Chicago or some other team that would give a better S&T, but I had Miami as the favourites from the start, just like most people. I didn't think he would actually considering signing for less than the 6 year max.

It will be nice seeing Bosh finally playing alongside a legitimate star in Dwyane Wade. Playing with Wade will hide some of his faults and in turn will make him a much more efficient player. He won't be asked to create offense for himself and others in short clock situations or during crunch time. What I am looking forward to seeing the most is whether or not his decreased role on offense will mean that he will focus more on other areas of the game such as rebounding and especially defense. I know he isn't an elite defender, but I also know that he has the potential to be a much better defender than what he showed in Toronto and hopefully with Wade being the focal point he will give more of an effort in this regard.

The Heat still have a lot of work to do to make this team a legit contender though. They have the 2nd best duo in the league right now (Kobe/Gasol being the best) and that is a very nice foundation to work with. Now they will need to bring in the complimentary players to turn this into more than just a 2 man band. How they spend their remaining $11-12M will be the difference between a championship contender or a 2nd round team. Bosh and Wade is a great duo but them alone aren't enough to get you to the Finals, let alone win a championship.

I can't help but laugh at the irony in all of this though. Colangelo basically gave Miami everything this offseason. He made the trade that gave them O'Neal and took Banks off of their hands which enabled them the cap space that they needed and by doing that he handed Bosh over to Miami on a silver platter. How bad does that trade look for Toronto 2 years later and how great does it look for Miami now? :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Y100 saids Lebron put a 4mil payment on a house in Coral Gables..Y100 is chonga radio so I wouldn't take it too seriously, but its something.

Apparently, he also bought a boat.

Edited by SRV

I hate the Heat... Hate hate hate the Heat... Zo and Timmy terrorized me growing up. But... this was tremendous for you guys. Congrats.

I'm more scared of the Knicks right now. Bron and Amar'e is as strong or even stronger of a duo than Wade and Bosh.

Yeah I hope he has some type of gimmick planned for that hour, like he puts on a Olympiakos cap and says bye

I would pull a muscle laughing if that happened. Or if he puts on a Phoenix Coyotes jersey and says he's going to give the NHL a try.

Miami needs a shooting point guard, a bulky center, and some backups that won't piss their pants to go along with either Beasley, Wright (if he's resigned), Haslem, (if he's resigned), and Chalmers. Trading the Beas Knees may fetch one or two of those things.

The losers in this deal?

Milwaukee and Atlanta

Boston will still be sharp for a year, Orlando will be a tough team, and whatever team LeBron signs on with (except Miami which is already great, and New Jersey which will need more help) should be really good.

This leaves Milwaukee and Atlanta fighting with Chicago as a team trying to claw its way to the second round, With the way they spent their cash, they each assume they can be major players and can at least get to a conference finals. Now it looks doubtful.

I actually wouldn't mind if Lebron went to the Knicks. It could renew our rivalry, and this would be the must see game for years to come. No more of this Boston-LA stuff, its getting old, we need a new rivalry in the NBA.

Ok, I got the same piece of info from 2 different reliable people today. I can't really get too in depth about it but let's just say I think its looking very good for us right now in terms of LBJ. I'd be surprised if he went elsewhere. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I'm confident right now.

Also,

Y100 saids Lebron put a 4mil payment on a house in Coral Gables..Y100 is chonga radio so I wouldn't take it too seriously, but its something.

That rumor was out there way before the thing on Y100. I'm pretty sure I know which house it is too. Not sure how often you're in the Gables, but I'm pretty sure its near Gables By The Sea and hasn't been finished yet. The thing is mammoth. Probably the biggest house in the Gables/Pinecrest area.

I think that's the house he put the payment on or that's gonna be Wade's new place.

It is definitely going to be a sign and trade, it appeases all teams (despite what BC said)... Heat retain the rights to their guys, Raptors get a huge TPE and a first (probably theirs back) and Bosh gets the 30M. Win, win, win.

I am excited to see Bosh become recognized as probably the best PF in the game because his team will be better, despite him being the same player, hopefully they can win a title there...

This affects the LBJ decision quite a bit now, does he stay loyal to Cleveland or go to New York? The Knicks are definitely a better chance at a title right now long term it seems, especially if they can flip Curry's expiring for something decent.

Edited by travesy3

Ok, I got the same piece of info from 2 different reliable people today. I can't really get too in depth about it but let's just say I think its looking very good for us right now in terms of LBJ. I'd be surprised if he went elsewhere. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I'm confident right now.

Also,

That rumor was out there way before the thing on Y100. I'm pretty sure I know which house it is too. Not sure how often you're in the Gables, but I'm pretty sure its near Gables By The Sea and hasn't been finished yet. The thing is mammoth. Probably the biggest house in the Gables/Pinecrest area.

I think that's the house he put the payment on or that's gonna be Wade's new place.

Apparently, its this house.

http://miasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/mansionpotam.png