[Stein] Possible 4 team trade

Dash

The surest way to know that LeBron James-to-Miami is a done deal before LeBron’s official announcement?

If Miami trades away Michael Beasley to create even more salary-cap space before the show starts.

As of noon Thursday, Miami did not have a trade taker for Beasley, after numerous sources said that the Heat – as they’ve been doing for weeks – continued to shop 2008’s No. 2 overall pick with vigor for much of Wednesday.

Yet sources say that a four-team trade scenario was hatched on the eve of LeBron’s hour-long “Decision” special on ESPN that includes Charlotte and Houston and would enable the Raptors to bring them back an asset or two in the wake of Chris Bosh’s departure but also avoid taking back Beasley. Which is believed to be the only sort of sign-and-trade that Toronto would consider.

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Wade, Bosh and James.

The Heat and Raptors engaged in discussions for several hours after Bosh and Dwyane Wade announced that they committing to Miami in a package about the various sign-and-trade options. Discussions were serious enough Wednesday night, according to two sources, that Heat officials told Beasley to start preparing to relocate.

One source with knowledge of Toronto’s thinking, however, insists that the four-team trade – which would require Houston to send at least $3.1 million in salary to the Raptors -- is “not happening.” Toronto continues to convey the message that it is a reluctant partner in any deal that makes Bosh’s departure more lucrative.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/17823/can-miami-pull-off-beasley-trade

Tyson Chandler? Not feeling it but it depends who else we're giving up.

The second bolded part means that Houston is holding up the trade. This is a huge deal for Miami if this goes through.

Edited by Dash

Seems like I read the bottom sentence wrong. Houston is trying to send a player with a $3.1 million salary (or trade exception, not sure) to Toronto but they refuse to take it on.

Edit: Toronto wants a trade exception. Houston owns a $3 million TE from the Kevin Martin deal.

Edited by Dash

Toronto needs to stop being so damn annoying with their trade demands. I don't understand what they think they can get for Bosh after the announcement.

Its still possible that Bosh wants that 6th year and is pushing Heat management for a sign and trade. Miami doesn't want Bosh to be the only one of a potential big 3 to be getting max salary, so they contact Houston and Charlotte about a possible salary dump. Toronto sees this a chance to squeeze an asset or two out of Bosh, nothing wrong with that. Speculation on my part though and I can be horribly wrong.

I like this trade for the Bobcats... I don't know what they would do with Tyrus Thomas after this though.

Tyson Chandler never worked out in the Bobcats system and was a waste, Alexis Ajinca supposedly has the talent, but is just very lazy.

Imagine if the Bobcats took Brook Lopez? nasty

Alan Hahn confirms a deal is close.

Hearing Miami is close to completing a three-team deal to move Michael Beasley and get a trade exception back to open up more cap space.

Three team deal? Either he is mistaken or one of Houston/Charlotte got snubbed.

Toronto needs to stop being so damn annoying with their trade demands. I don't understand what they think they can get for Bosh after the announcement.

:lol:

The only reason why Toronto's trade demands annoy you is because they don't want to take Besley from Miami and open up $5M more in cap space for Miami. I could be wrong because I don't have inside sources, but from what I gather if Riley would stop trying to dump Beasley onto Toronto so that he has more money to play with and simply offered Toronto their first back, plus maybe Miami's first if he is feeling generous, and there would be no need to involve 2 other teams. Colangelo is being stubborn with his reluctance to take Beasley back in a trade, but Riley is being equally as stubborn with his insistence that Beasley be involved in any trade. It is pretty laughable that you play all of the blame on Toronto.

With that said though, believe it or not, I actually agree with you (is this a first? I think it might be. :lol:) in that Colangelo should just swallow his pride and accept Beasley in a trade. I have been anti-Beasley and I still stand by everything that I said, but it is pretty clear that Colangelo has absolutely no leverage at this point with Bosh saying that he is willing to just sign a 5 year max with the Heat. Beasley is a terrible fit in Toronto, has a questionable attitude and has concerns about his character, but he has potential and talent. The Raptors roster is a complete mess as it is so what the [expletive], take a chance on Beasley and hope that one of Beasley, Bargnani, DeRozan, Weems and Davis show something that makes you think that they have the potential to be a cornerstone of this franchise.

I know this is basically the exact opposite of what I have said over the past two months, but I'm at the point where getting anything in return for Bosh is better than nothing. Colangelo is probably scared to deal with Riley though, especially considering how badly he was bent over in the JO/Marion trade, haha.

The trade, which is still exploratory and not close to completion, would send Bosh to Miami, Michael Beasley to Charlotte and Tyson Chandler to Houston, the sources said. Toronto, already settled on taking back the 2011 first-round pick previously traded to the Heat, is trying to extract a player from the Rockets in addition to the trade exception it would get from Miami.

"It has legs, but I don't know where it goes," one of the people familiar with the discussions said.

A third person with knowledge of the talks said it's possible that the field could shrink to three teams, with Houston dropping out of the mix.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/23081865?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry23081865

Looks like Raptors fans get what they want out of this deal. I think Toronto is trying to get one of Budinger or Hill from us but I highly doubt we let any of our youngins go.

Edited by Dash

Looks like its being finalized.

SpearsNBAYahoo Bosh sign & trade from TOR to MIA expected to be done Friday likely sending picks and salary cap space to TOR, league source tells Y! Sports

I don't see why Miami does this without Beasley being shipped out but...

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Chances of HOU and CHA involved with four-way deal with MIA and TOR appear to be dying.

So if both Charlotte and Houston are out of the deal, I guess Toronto caved and decided to give Beasley a shot?