Haywood resigns with Mavs

Mavs overpaid again...

Dampier all over again.

<_<

:'(

Wow, you'd really compare Haywood with Dampier? Dampier is fat and incapable of doing anything significant in the NBA. Haywood brings you a great NBA center body who can grab you rebounds and provide a great defensive presence. The knock on him is his complete lack of offense and bad hands. You should be lucky you were able to hang on to him...

Guest STL10

Wow, you'd really compare Haywood with Dampier? Dampier is fat and incapable of doing anything significant in the NBA. Haywood brings you a great NBA center body who can grab you rebounds and provide a great defensive presence. The knock on him is his complete lack of offense and bad hands. You should be lucky you were able to hang on to him...

Dampier's career year:12.0 PPG, 12.3 RPG, and 1.9 BPG in 03-04 which led to a BIG contract with the Mavs.

Haywood's career year: 8.7 PPG, 9.3 RPG, and 2.1 BPG in 09-10 which led to a BIG contract with the Mavs.

PS: Dampier isn't fat he's 265 lbs and he's 7 foot tall.

Edited by STL10

Guest STL10

Dampier's career year: 2003-04

Haywood's career year: 2009-10

Dampier is washed up, and Haywood is coming off a career year. I shouldn't really have to say much more.

What did Dampier do after his career year?

SUCK ROOT!

I expect Haywood to do the same.

What did Dampier do after his career year?

SUCK ROOT!

I expect Haywood to do the same.

Did you really expect Haywood to improve each year for the rest of his career? He's 30 years old, and he's under contract with you guys until he turns 36. He may have a few good years in him left and will be a productive center for the Mavs. Dampier peaked horribly before Haywood even reached his career year.

Btw... suck root? Really?

Guest STL10

Did you really expect Haywood to improve each year for the rest of his career? He's 30 years old, and he's under contract with you guys until he turns 36. He may have a few good years in him left and will be a productive center for the Mavs. Dampier peaked horribly before Haywood even reached his career year.

Btw... suck root? Really?

I expect Haywood to go downhill like most thirty year olds.

I believe Mark Cuban will NEVER find a consistent center through trading or free agency.

Guest STL10

55M for a scrub center? :lol:

And people say the Lakers overpaid Andrew Bynum when they gave him his 3 year extension.

Thank you! Someone who sees the light.

Haywood is Erick Dampier v2.0

Thank you! Someone who sees the light.

Haywood is Erick Dampier v2.0

They should've traded for Joel Przybilla or Marcin Gortat. Makes absolutely no sense to overpaid for a scrub center when other options are available in free agency or via trade.

Guest STL10

They should've traded for Joel Przybilla or Marcin Gortat. Makes absolutely no sense to overpaid for a scrub center when other options are available in free agency or via trade.

Yeah exactly my thinking.

I'm pretty sure the Mavs are gonna be over the CAP every year till Cuban sells the team or dies.

PS: Why don't the Mavs play small ball?

PG:Kidd

SG:Terry

SF:Butler

PF:Marion

C:Dirk

6th Man: Roddy B

Fire Carlisle and hire Paul Westhead!

I'll agree with that.

For the record, I was arguing in Haywood's case that he is a significant upgrade over Dampier. I never said he was worth that contract though.

Guest STL10

I'll agree with that.

For the record, I was arguing in Haywood's case that he is a significant upgrade over Dampier. I never said he was worth that contract though.

I agree that he is better than Dampier, but still a TERRIBLE contract.

I agree that he is better than Dampier, but still a TERRIBLE contract.

It's not great, but acquiring Gortat or Pryzbilla wouldn't have been likely, and Haywood was receiving a lot of attention from other teams. The Mavs didn't want to take the risk of losing their only capable starting center on the roster so the signing makes sense.

Guest STL10

It's not great, but acquiring Gortat or Pryzbilla wouldn't have been likely, and Haywood was receiving a lot of attention from other teams. The Mavs didn't want to take the risk of losing their only capable starting center on the roster so the signing makes sense.

I guess.

I still like my small ball idea.

1st step Fire Carlisle

2nd step Hire Paul Westhead

3rd step Form Starting Lineup

PG:Kidd

SG:Terry

SF:Butler

PF:Marion

C:Dirk

6th Man: Roddy B

Not too shabby ey? :winkglasses: