Will you hate the Heat if they get LeBron?

Guest STL10

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is laughable to compare baseball and basketball too because baseball is such a team game.

I'd have to disagree. It's hard to compare basketball and baseball because baseball lacks team play.

Sports like Basketball, Hockey, and Soccer have every player involved in almost every play in one way or another. Baseball doesn't.

In each play, only 2 players are guaranteed to be involved. The pitcher and the batter. It's almost like a one-on-one sport. The only other players potentially involved are the offensive players running the bases (maximum of 4), and the outfielders/basemen who happen to have the ball hit or thrown their way.

On the other hand, in basketball on offense, you are either handling the basketball, spacing the floor (spotting up), setting screens, running through screens, dribbling through screens, receiving a pass, throwing a pass, shooting the ball, posting up, cutting to the basket, or going for the offensive rebound.

On defense, you are either in help position, defending on the ball, playing passing lanes, contesting/blocking a shot, fighting through screens, hedging screens, drawing a charge, or going for the defensive rebound.

Every player is involved at all times.

You are an idiot, the impact a single player has in a sport is unmatched in basketball, it is why there is such a despairing between max and low end contracts.... LBJ/Wade/Bosh have a way bigger impact on a basketball game than a pitcher and 2 position players.

Actually, pitcher is probably the most impacting position in all of sports. Perhaps arguably to the exception of quarterback.

Edited by Poe

Guest STL10

I'd have to disagree. It's hard to compare basketball and baseball because baseball lacks team play.

Sports like Basketball, Hockey, and Soccer have every player involved in almost every play in one way or another. Baseball doesn't.

In each play, only 2 players are guaranteed to be involved. The pitcher and the batter. It's almost like a one-on-one sport. The only other players potentially involved are the offensive players running the bases (maximum of 4), and the outfielders/basemen who happen to have the ball hit or thrown their way.

On the other hand, in basketball on offense, you are either handling the basketball, spacing the floor (spotting up), setting screens, running through screens, dribbling through screens, receiving a pass, throwing a pass, shooting the ball, posting up, or going for the offensive rebound.

On defense, you are either in help position, defending on the ball, playing passing lanes, contesting/blocking a shot, fighting through screens, hedging screens, drawing a charge, or going for the defensive rebound.

Every player is involved at all times.

Actually, pitcher is probably the most impacting position in all of sports. Perhaps arguably to the exception of quarterback.

I have to strongly disagree.

Baseball is a 9-man game all the way.

The pitcher aims and selects his pitch.

The catcher calls the pitches and hits.

The 4 infielders need to be positioned correctly and hit.

The 3 outfielders need to be positioned correctly and hit.

I have to strongly disagree.

Baseball is a 9-man game all the way.

The pitcher aims and selects his pitch.

The catcher calls the pitches and hits.

The 4 infielders need to be positioned correctly and hit.

The 3 outfielders need to be positioned correctly and hit.

A pitcher can single-handedly keep the opponent from scoring. Outfielders and basemen are secondary, like an extra obstacle for the batter.

Alternatively on offense, only one player is in control of the team scoring at a time - the batter. It's like taking turns going one on one against the pitcher until the third player strikes out.

Like Erick Blasco said once, it's a one on one sport disguised as a team sport.

The closest thing baseball gets to team play is when the ball is passed around between the defense, or when a batter assists a teammate in making it to home plate. Other than that, it's strictly one on one play as far as I'm concerned.

Guest STL10

A pitcher can single-handedly keep the opponent from scoring. Outfielders and basemen are secondary, like an extra obstacle for the batter.

Alternatively on offense, only one player is in control of the team scoring at a time - the batter. It's like taking turns going one on one against the pitcher until the third player strikes out.

Like Erick Blasco said once, it's a one on one sport disguised as a team sport.

The closest thing baseball gets to team play is when the ball is passed around between the defense, or when a batter assists a teammate in making it to home plate. Other than that, it's strictly one on one play as far as I'm concerned.

One player can't win you a game though. You need runs to win, and you need to stop runs to win.

One player can't win you a game though. You need runs to win, and you need to stop runs to win.

Only one player is in control of each run (except for minor exceptions). The whole team is never involved offensively, and rarely defensively, unlike what I've already explained about basketball, and what hockey fans and soccer fans could explain about their sports.

LMAO. The MLB has 25 man rosters.

It is laughable to compare baseball and basketball too because baseball is such a team game.

The Cardinals have a trio better than the Yankees, but does it equal a World Series?

That is why the NBA is nothing like baseball.

Pujols, Holliday, Wainwright, Carpenter >A-Rod, Teixeira,Sabathia, Burnett

Pujols, Wainwright, Carpenter < LeBron, Wade, Bosh

In terms of more important to their team

Dude do you understand anything thats going on?

Pujols is a home grown talent from the Cardinals draft, Wainright is a home grown talent from the Cardinals. Carpenter came up for the Blue Jays, he SUCKED in Toronto and the Cardinals picked him up and he eventually turned into a Cy Young. Yes those 3 are better then the Yankees big 3, but thats just more embarrassing because the Yankees threw the bank at theirs rather then scouting them and developing themselves.

The Yankees didnt break any rules. If they want to throw the bank at players, be my guest. But then dont tell me I dont have a right to hate them for it. The Heat are goin into free agency picking up the biggest 3 names and saying come on down to the beach and lets have a party, how hard is that? The Lakers signed Shaq in free agency, picked up Kobe on draft night, and surrounded them with tough, clutch players like Fisher and Horry, THATS how you build a team. Im not a believer in this "super team," I dont think it will even happen, but if it does, I strongly believe that they will fail. And I would still hate them because like the Yankees, they go out and get the biggest names in free agency and all of a sudden their a championship team. Thats not hard, you or I could do that.

Guest STL10

Only one player is in control of each run (except for minor exceptions). The whole team is never involved offensively, and rarely defensively, unlike what I've already explained about basketball, and what hockey fans and soccer fans could explain about their sports.

Great hitting and great pitching is contagious. Watch any team in the Major Leagues it's proven by history.

The whole team is never involved offensively

Both true and untrue. You have different scenario's when there's men on base and then situational hitting which both feature more than one teammate on the bases.

Guest STL10

Dude do you understand anything thats going on?

Pujols is a home grown talent from the Cardinals draft, Wainright is a home grown talent from the Cardinals. Carpenter came up for the Blue Jays, he SUCKED in Toronto and the Cardinals picked him up and he eventually turned into a Cy Young. Yes those 3 are better then the Yankees big 3, but thats just more embarrassing because the Yankees threw the bank at theirs rather then scouting them and developing themselves.

The Yankees didnt break any rules. If they want to throw the bank at players, be my guest. But then dont tell me I dont have a right to hate them for it. The Heat are goin into free agency picking up the biggest 3 names and saying come on down to the beach and lets have a party, how hard is that? The Lakers signed Shaq in free agency, picked up Kobe on draft night, and surrounded them with tough, clutch players like Fisher and Horry, THATS how you build a team. Im not a believer in this "super team," I dont think it will even happen, but if it does, I strongly believe that they will fail. And I would still hate them because like the Yankees, they go out and get the biggest names in free agency and all of a sudden their a championship team. Thats not hard, you or I could do that.

The Cardinals traded JD Drew for Wainwright, but please go on.

I respect the Yankees all the way.

I hope you are joking, minor exceptions. More like the team is involved in every single run (except for minor excpetions) I don't think you fully understand the concept of the sport of baseball therefore it useless to try to argue with you.

Soccer is the biggest team sport.

I hope you are joking, minor exceptions. More like the team is involved in every single run (except for minor excpetions) I don't think you fully understand the concept of the sport of baseball therefore it useless to try to argue with you.

Soccer is the biggest team sport.

Okay, explain to me how more than 1 offensive player is involved for each home run. The batter, and....?

The exception I'm talking about is a good hit that ultimately gets a basemen to make it to home base. Which means 2 players involved, 4 at the most. How many players are on a baseball team again?

In basketball, all 5 players are always involved at both ends at almost all times, which I've already explained in detail. Nobody has explained to me how baseball is more of a team sport than basketball.

Edited by Poe

Okay, explain to me how more than 1 offensive player is involved for each home run. The batter, and....?

The exception I'm talking about is a good hit that ultimately gets a basemen to make it to home base. Which means 2 players involved, 4 at the most. How many players are on a baseball team again?

In basketball, all 5 players are always involved at both ends at almost all times, which I've already explained in detail. Nobody has explained to me how baseball is more of a team sport than basketball.

Who cares which is more of a team sport? Why is that even an argument in a thread about if ppl hate the heat. However when it comes to scoring runs hitting homeruns is one of the only instances in which it is one player controlling a run and even on some homeruns its not just one player because a runner on first may be a steal threat who is distracting on forcing the pitcher to throw more fastballs. Again you don't understand the sport of baseball so theres no point in continuing.

Edited by Fish7718

Who cares which is more of a team sport? Why is that even an argument in a thread about if ppl hate the heat. However when it comes to scoring runs hitting homeruns is one of the only instances in which it is one player controlling a run and even on some homeruns its not just one player because a runner on first may be a steal threat who is distracting on forcing the pitcher to throw more fastballs. Again you don't understand the sport of baseball so theres no point in continuing.

lol, obv. he cares which is more of a team sport since thats what both of you...at least, he's arguing. He's not saying that baseball is not a team sport..he's just saying that basketball is more of a team game than it..which I agree with.

Who cares which is more of a team sport?

Apparently STL does.

And that is what I was arguing against.

Again you don't understand the sport of baseball so theres no point in continuing.

Technically, baseball IS a team sport, but rarely are all players involved. So naturally, I'm sticking by basketball being much more of a team game than baseball. Until you give me a better argument, theres no point continuing.

Edited by Poe

Nah, if this happens I'm kinda excited to see how 3 of the top 5 or so young players mesh together for the next 6 years or however long it'll be.

Although with the way stuff is now, I think him going to the Knicks or Nets would be my favorite outcome, it leaves the league open but makes the East equal with the West really among top teams.

If anything happens, don't hate the fans of Miami, we waited years for this lol.

This is a pretty good reason why I should hate you... You've waited since you '06 championship? You poor thing.

I haven't watched a competitive Knicks team in a decade.

Edited by Cotton Camby

This is a pretty good reason why I should hate you... You've waited since you '06 championship? You poor thing.

I haven't watched a competitive Knicks team in a decade.

Yup, I went through Wade's shoulder injury. People calling him a [expletive] for crying while on a wheelchair, the famous 15 win season, and we almost didn't resign Wade this off season. Knicks screwed us over plenty of times back in the day.

Yup, I went through Wade's shoulder injury. People calling him a [expletive] for crying while on a wheelchair, the famous 15 win season, and we almost didn't resign Wade this off season. Knicks screwed us over plenty of times back in the day.

Not sure how any of this is relevant to "how long you waited". 2006 -> 2010 is not a long time in the sports world, nobody feels/felt bad for you.