Magic to match offer sheet to retain center Marcin Gortat

MainEv3nt

Can't help but to think that Gortat, costing roughly 6.8 million on average per season is over spending. Financially, we're way over the salary cap anyway. We also could have signed a back-up center for a fraction of the price and he would have played the same minutes, and did the same job that Gortat does for us. I'm, of course, happy that we got him back, but I just don't think, financially, that it was the right way to go considering that in the way that he's just going to be a back-up once more this coming season.

Exactly... didn't you guys sign Brandon Bass too? I don't see why Magic would spend money on Gortat and then on Bass too... knowing both players wouldn't be happy with the minutes.

I think Shard is effective at the 4 and Van Gundy plans to keep it that way, he might be too slow to play 3 now... and his matchup problems allow him to thrive... Shard's happy, SVG is happy, I don't think he's sliding to 3 to make room for either Bass or Gortat to start at 4.

I think they could deal Bass or Gortat somewhere else for future picks than lose him for nothing?